Customize Image Load order - long slow rotations

Jeremy L

Hi guys,

We are still testing out WR360 and are loving it and your fantastic support so far. Because our rotations must be incredibly slow and smooth we include approximately 480 frames per rotation. This presents some unique challenges. The first being load time.

What I would like to do is load every eighth frame (from 480 frames that would be 60), then every fourth frame, then every second and then the remaining frames. While the first group of frames is loading the viewer will see a loading progress animation. Once the first set have loaded the viewer will be able to interact with those frames/rotation while the subsequent frames load in the background. This mean that while the rotation will start off 'choppy' as the subsequent frames load it will get gradually smoother. How can this be achieved? Is there a way to specify the order in which frames load and to allow interaction once only the first set of frames has been loaded?

As well I'd like to know who to speak to about getting a quote for an enterprise license.

Thanks In Advance

~Jeremy

WebSupport

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your post here. This is an interesting challenge.. and I like your solution with the incremental 360 view pre-load although it will produce a certain jerkiness as you said as images will start appearing. It will also take quite some time to load the full set of 480 360-degree images, which for our usual e-commerce client is beyond their attention span on a product page :) I would probably also start worrying about uncompressed size of 480 images that will be loaded into browser memory, especially on mobile devices and just the general browser performance / responsiveness with these many images.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's possible with the current product though as we don't allow specifying the image loading order and it wouldn't be a small change to introduce this, although we can probably quote for a custom build for your specific requirements.

PS: if you are still interested in our Enterprise license, please send us a quick email to support at webrotate360 dot com.