Hikashop support...

exlemor

Hi there,

I realize that Joomla eCommerce support often brings Virtuemart to mind but while the latest 3.x series is better than v1 or v2, it's still a big mess and not so easy to use/setup.

That's where other eCommerce solutions come into play, Hikashop has been around for 3+ yrs and powers 1,000s and 1000s [if not 10 s of 1000s] of sites and is a worthy eCommerce solution with APIs and is way better than Virtuemart...

Would you look at integration with them please?
Beyond their APIs, they are friendly and always willing to help where they can with interesting integrations like this!

Cheers,

Emmanuel

lupo

Still there is no right Virtuemart support ... the 360 objects can be shown in the Virtuemart product description, as in any other Joomla content component

exlemor

lupo -

Are you saying that you can't have 360 objects inside the Virtuemart product description?

If so, really too bad, hopefully they will update that very soon and that Hikashop support will be added as well.

lupo

NO :)
I mean:"the 360 objects CAN be shown in the Virtuemart product description" Only ...
But Not on the place of the product images in VirtueMart or as a 360 degree Icon positioned on the place on one of the Image thumbnails and etc where there normal are the product images

Here is a sample with all the main web360 plugin features :)
https://outdoorme.com/backpacks/backpac ... rproof-80l

exlemor

Hi Lupo,

We're ok with that for our application actually... but i'd still love real integration with Hikashop [and Virtuemart as a secondary].

thanks for the clarification! :)

Cheers,
Emmanuel.

lupo

Have you read this topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=451&start=20#p1303

Maybe you just have to edit your plugin source webrotate360.php at row 38 and it will work with your component :)
Code:
if ($parts[0] !== "com_content" && $parts[0] !== "mod_k2_content" && $parts[0] !== "com_k2" && $parts[0] !== "com_virtuemart" && $parts[0] !== "com_hikashop")

WebSupport

Hi Guys, sorry missed this thread...

We will investigate what's going on with webrotate 360 product views in Hikashop sometime this week and post our results here.

exlemor

Hi there,

I tried using:
{wr360popup name="view02" width="650px" height="550px" config="/360-assets/Large-Duffle-Bag/Large-Duffle-Bag.xml"}TEST{/wr360popup}

in the product description and nothing happened on the front end it just shows the link above...

I also tried the same thing in a regular Joomla Article [Joomla 3.4.1] and it does not work either! :(

http://gardinie.com/index.php/shop/wome ... duffle-bag

HELP!
Cheers,

Emmanuel.

WebSupport

Hi Emmanuel, it looks like it's something else then, i.e not just the Hikashop...

We would need temp access to your Joomla admin if possible and likely the FTP folder with our plugin as well, if you would like us to make a quick investigation. If this makes sense, please send the info to support at webrotate360 dot com and we will take a look.

exlemor

Hi there, just sent you access credentials via email.

By the way, it would be much better from a security standpoint that you create a secure page somewhere on your site or a method by which to send you sensitive login username/password for Joomla Admin/FTP as email is completely insecure ;) Thanks for considering this.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.
SkypeID: exlemor

WebSupport

Thanks, Emmanuel. We will look info it.

PS: short of encrypting the info explicitly with asymmetrical keys, a secure page wouldn't be that much different I think from an email going through a secure port which is also then encrypted with asymmetrical keys while it's traveling (I assume your email is going through a secure port / certificate validation) - it will end up sitting on our hosting provider's server either way. One simpler option could be to email us a password protected (AES) zip with a text file, and send the password via PM on the forum.

exlemor

Personally, I like the ' One simpler option could be to email us a password protected (AES) zip with a text file, and send the password via PM on the forum. ', except that I'd make it a 7z password protected file for even more protection but that's just me.

Looking forward to having you guys check out and fix it - we'd love to incorporate the technology for the site launch.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

WebSupport

Hi Emmanuel,

Posting our findings here, if anybody else will be looking for Hikashop notes on our forum:

1. In turns out that Hikashop uses just word "text" for the contentMode parameter. So we replaced com_hikashop recommended earlier in the thread with text in webrotate360.php , so it looks like this now:

Code:
if (($contentMode !== "com_content")    &&
    ($contentMode !== "mod_k2_content") &&
    ($contentMode !== "com_k2")         &&
    ($contentMode !== "mod_custom")     &&
    ($contentMode !== "com_virtuemart") &&
    ($contentMode !== "text")) // <-- Here's the change
    {
          return (false);
    }

2. Also updated config parameter in both shortcodes to the following path such that it points to the duffle bag xml under your images folder in the root of the website:

/images/360_assets/Large-Duffle-Bag/Large-Duffle-Bag.xml

Both 360 product views seem to be working fine now (i.e product page and about us). Please let us know if you see any issues :)

exlemor

Hi there, it looks great but maybe I missed something but

1. the + - button doesn't seem to do anything in terms of zooming in?
Is that a setting I missed in SpotEditor? or something that isn't working...

2. Also where do I control the look of the left and right arrows /+ > ?
[disregard: found the answer - in the plugin parameters ;)]

3. I noticed in Inspect Element an error as well:
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (license.lic, line 0)
http://gardinie.com/plugins/content/web ... icense.lic

I'm sure I missed that somewhere :)

Thank you so much for working on this so far!
Cheers,

Emmanuel.

WebSupport

No problem, Emmanuel!

1) The 360-degree product images in your sample are sized pretty much to fit the popup box (example) so there's no room for zooming and the high-res ones are not configured. I suggest to check out our user guide below on pages 8 and 14 (starting in the middle) and republish & reupload the duffle bag project accordingly.

http://www.webrotate360.com/360_product ... Readme.pdf

3) It basically looks for the license file automatically in case you have purchased the product (no pressure! :) ) You can create an empty file with the same name and paste something like this in there, if the inspector error is annoying:

Code:
<xml></xml>

I hope it helps! Please shout if anything.

exlemor

Thanks for that - i will read up on it - as for 3) I, of course mentioned it to the client but to be honest with you [and this may be something worth considering / talking over with the Sales Team] - when I talked it over with them, it came down to these features being in the Pro:

Unlimited hot-spots [4 in the free version] = 4 is plenty for them so far haven't used 1.
Full-screen support = [but since we're using the popup and that full screen doesn't exist yet with that = no go ;)]
Multiple 360 views on the same page = no need for them.
Single config for multiple 360 views = they didn't see the value in that for their limited use.
Image loading from CDN or external server = they didn't see the value in that for their limited use.
SpotEditor features = no real need for those for their use of the product
Fully branded "white-label" solution = it wasn't clear what that was and how it was different than removing the Powered by WebRotate.

and finally:
No «Powered By WebRotate» in the top corner = only thing of value for them and tough to justify for $ 299 so maybe if you had a version with just that being available at like $ 39-$59 for the copyright removal ? [wink wink hint hint]

[I'm not saying they are right or wrong or that most clients are like them but I figured I'd pass on the feedback - I have no doubt of the greatness of the software but I understand also how for a small business $ 299 is pricey for something they don't use a ton so if it was possible to have a copyright removal at a more reasonable price - I think you could create yourself a whole new income stream...

As for me, I say THNAK YOU thank you THANK YOU for the help :)
Sincerely,

Emmanuel.

WebSupport

No problem, Emanuel. As long as "Powered by WebRotate 360" is there in the corner, we don't mind!

BTW: full-screen (and full browser window "full-screen") does work using wr360expand shortcode in PRO granted it bypasses the small popup.