Hiperlink to another presentation

javivi

Hi community!! I'm a newbie in WebRotate and I've got a couple of questions. Firstly, sorry for my english!! I hope you understand me!!

1) It there some action or funcionality that is "cropped" in free version?
2) How can I attach a link to another presentation when the user make a click in hotspot? I have got a presentation with one hotspot. When I press a button, I need to show another presentation, with its hotspots and images, different than first one, in same screen, without load another webpage.
I have read that it's possible, but I don't know how to do it.

Thank you so much!!

PieroA

Hello, I have exactly the same urgent need, is it possible and how?
In one webrotate360 presentation I want to add hostpots that link to anotoher presentation that is actually a "closeup" of the same object but photographed in a different way.
How can this 2 presentation be linked in OFFLINE mode, this infact must be showed at a fair event.
Thank you

WebSupport

Hi Piero,

There's an Action tab on the Hotspot form in SpotEditor. Please see attached screenshot. The Hyperlink action can be a URL of another published .xml file on your hard-drive or online. When such hotspot is clicked (activated), it will load your other 360 product view in-place. That other 360 spin can link back in a similar way if needed.

It will work offline as well as long as you correctly enter the location of the xml file in the Action tab. The xml file is one of the files that SpotEditor creates on publish in your project's published/360_assets directory. If you enter a relative path like in the attached screenshot, please note that it's relative to the published html file that you will see under published folder.

PS: you can publish multiple 360s to the same output directory on your hard-drive which you can specify on the Publish form at the top.

Let us know if this doesn't help!

Attachments

• 2018-09-17_12-35-40.png
    2018-09-17_12-35-40.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,211

PieroA

So I have tried some option but nothing works. I kindly ask for help to know where I should save the "child/linked" project folders. Attached an example of the output of the main project and secondary project for a better explanation of my doubts.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• folders.jpg
    folders.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,202

WebSupport

For cleanness I would publish your RacerDetails1 project into some other outside directory and also publish NewProject2 to the same "outside" directory. You would then end up with one folder that has a single copy of 360_assets (with two sub-folders) and imagerotator folders and two html files.

PieroA

Sorry but I do not understand which are the needed project folders then.
Webrotate produce ALL its shown in my screenshot for each new project I create.

If I understood correctly then I should select the same folder in the "project Output directory"? just tried but nothing works.

Hope someone can help as this is pretty hard for me to get it.
Let's assume there is a main project as in my screenshot.
Webrotate folders software output are those shown colled "newproject2"

If I want to have a hotspot linking within that project to another project which folders should I write into the "project output folder" field?
What I get is a new folder within the main one named as the "child" project that shows an xml file named as the prject and a "images" folder.

edited the hyperlonk in the created hotspot on the main project linking to this xml file but when clicking on it nothing happen. Is this a limit of the trial version or am I doing something wrong?
thank you!!!
Piero

PieroA

no way! is not working.
really frustrated.

Now output should be correct as in this "outputfolder" there are just these folders:
- 360_assets
- imagerotator
mainproject.html
childproject.html

but when I add the following path to the hotspot: /childproject.html I get an error file not found
if I write outputfolder/childproject.html I still get file not found but the software creates a wrong path (double): outputfolder/outputfolder/childproject.html

PieroA

from your User guide:
Hyperlink & Reload action
Enter an existing web page URL into the hyperlink text box to allow browsing to the URL on click
or tap inside the hotspot content (or hotspot indicator). It’s also possible to enter a URL of
another product view configuration which is an xml file created under published/360_assets on
publish in SpotEditor
. Such xml hyperlink action allows drilling down into a number of linked
product spins inside the same viewer container via a click or tap inside the hotspot content or
hotspot indicator. This can be useful for product exploration, loading additional color
combinations, navigating inside architectural 3D views, and similar applications.

this seem not to work in local view with the free version. Is this correct?

WebSupport

Hi Piero, why are you trying to enter a path to .html file though? Are you trying to load a separate html page with the other 360 product view ? The text you highlighted above and this original explanation with a screenshot talk about linking to the .xml config. Free version does support it.

It will be probably easier if you archive your outputfolder and share with us via email (support at webrotate360 dot com).

PS: if everything else is correct, to use the URL action with an html link as per your last example, your URL would have to be just childproject.html for local tests.

WebSupport

Hi Piero, we received the email but we actually needed the "outputfolder" from your last example as per the previous message (as a zip archive please) so we can use it to create a quick example for you for offline use. Possible?