2 problems...

GreenGecko

I'm trying to do some work on an older site that uses your plugin. As it's a 1.4 site, this uses the older style connection.

1. The Magento Connect 1.0 key downloads version 2.5.3, not 3.5.3. Can I get up to date as the page suggests?
2. I am looking at getting the images delivered off the media url, which is different to the root url. How do I do this?

Cheers,

Steve

WebSupport

Hi Steve, looks like we wouldn't be able to post the new integration onto Magento Connect for 1.0 but you can download a Connect 1 compatible standalone package (same as what's available via Connect 2) using this link:

http://www.webrotate360.com/360_integra ... -3.5.3.tgz

Please let us know if this works for you.

Regarding 2 - I'm not sure I understand the issue correctly, but the capability to load 360 product images from a different domain / server is possible with the new integration if you have the PRO license. It can be configured via the Global Settings in Magento Admin under WebRotate 360 Product Viewer using Master Config URL and an extra attribute that you would create for your products that would point to a directory with product images on an external location.

GreenGecko

I downloaded into the relevant folder, then

./pear install --force downloader/pearlib/download/WebRotate360_Catalog-3.5.3.tgz

tells me it's installed 3.5.3, but I see no change in the admin interface, so no new configuration options. Did I miss a step? I've cleared all of the caches...

EDIT2. The images are all stored on /media, but this is delivered via a CDN. I can set this up for the media folder in globally within magento, but the 360 degree images are still coming from <home_url>/media

WebSupport

The package has the latest files though - cache could be the issue but you said you have cleared it.. Can you try to delete all cache files manually under var and also restart your web server? And if it doesn't help may be try to get it installed from inside the Admin instead? Let us know if this helps.

For the 2, the full path of the 360 images we load is based on the relative path in the 360 view xml file assigned to your products (in the catalog in Admin under each product there should be a custom attribute - webrotate_path) that have 360 images. But due to browser's cross-domain security policy, you wouldn't be able to move your xml configuration files to another domain as most browsers block cross-domain ajax requests.. We have a solution for this in the latest plugin, but this particular feature (loading images from CDN / external server) requires the PRO license.

GreenGecko

Have upgraded to pro and am looking to get the master xml file stuff implemented. Do you have an example of what needs to be done? Cheers, Steve

WebSupport

Thanks for purchasing PRO, Steve.

There are two options:

1. Assuming you have all of your 360 product spins sharing the same settings (number of 360 images, hot-spots, etc), you can add path to your master xml config under plugin's General Settings (Master Config URL). This config file needs to reside on your magento server. Then create a new product attribute with the code webrotate_root and assign it to required product attribute sets. There you would enter a full URL path on the CDN pointing to the folder with the 360-degree product images for a given product (or relative path if the image folders reside on your server). The 360 viewer then uses relative image path in the master config xml and combines it with the folder path in webrotate_root, giving it a full image path on your CDN. This removes the need to have multiple configs per product even if you store the images on the same server.

2. If you have custom configs for certain products (various hot-spots, etc), use the original product attribute with the code webrotate_path to specify path to your product xml (residing on the same magento server) and then also add the root path to the actual product folder with the 360 images on the CDN as per above.

Please let us know if any questions. You can always email to support at webrotate360 dot com if any issues.

GreenGecko

Can't believe it's been so long... have managed to remove the flash integration, but as an example, at "removed" it doesn't seem to be working. any ideas why??

EDIT: that seems to have been a function of combining the js files that broke this, which is a bit of a shame. I'm using the licence.lic file ( in the docroot, linked from the backend as /license.lic ) that we purchased for "removed", but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there any way around that, so I can get this up and running ready for the production site?

The fullscreen button doesn't seem t be working either. I expect there have been some extensions to the xml. Do you have a demo one I can work with - I may also need to implement the high/low res image stuff.

WebSupport

Hi Steve - great that you are pushing this forward. We see other sites using combined js in Magento without issues so may be the first step is to play with the Include jQuery setting in the 360 viewer settings in Magento admin and we can look into it further if this doesn't help. Regarding the license not picking up, it has an empty line after the code inside the file which is causing it. Please remove the empty line (2d line) from your lic file, and it should start working I believe. It could be that we've sent you the license file like this due to an issue which was fixed recently.

But please send us an email to support at webrotate360 dot com regardless so we could give you instructions on enabling full-screen as it's not available in the free 360 viewer integration for Magento that gets installed by default from Magento Connect.

GreenGecko

OK, it turns out that you require *no* terminator on the licence file ( cp licence.lic licence.lic.orig ; cat licence.lic.orig | tr -d '\n' | tr -d '\r' > licence.lic sorts for both DOS and linux formatted files... yes I tried both ), so that's great! Thanks. YAY!

I've emailed re: full page stuff. Look forward to your reply :D

Next thing to do is to migrate to the CDN. I reckon I need a fair bit of work to get this up and running with a master config url, or can I just set webrotate_root to the CDN URL ( "removed"/media/360 ??? ) and use the existing xml files without migrating to a single one.

GreenGecko

All now working as expected. full page and cdn delivery are great.

I cannot commend you enough for your support on this matter.

GreenGecko

I've got a couple more questions.... just when you thought you'd got rid of me eh :D

"removed"

Shows what I'd like to address. I'm sourcing from cloudfront, all working fine, but to download 36 x 40KB images is taking up to 0.4s each... which is a bit of a long time. Is there some way this can be done as an asynchronous process in the background. I suppose 1.5MB is a bit large for a sprite, but I expect it would be faster. Is it possible?

The second bit is those 304s - it looks like an attempt is made to download each image twice. Can this be stopped?

Cheers,

Steve

WebSupport

Here there! ;) Images are loaded by the 360 viewer asynchronously on the background (ie we don't wait for one image to be loaded before the next image download starts) so it's all up to a browser and open connections used up by other resources being loaded that we can't control. Sprites are not supported (they don't work well for 360 rotations) and will be the same most likely as again we don't do it synchronously and your request time is very fast.

There's no attempt to download twice actually, we just tell the browser to show an image to which we keep a reference in javascript all the time. But depending on HTTP cache header returned by your CDN, browser then decides if it wants to use the cached version or will try getting it again. You may try to play with your cache headers - here's two links that may help (especially the second one which describes a possible issue with CloudFront and cache headers in Firefox and Chrome which you might be seeing):

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudF ... ation.html
http://www.cdnplanet.com/blog/cloudfron ... te-header/

WebSupport

Hi Steve,

Do you cache anything maybe (like html static pages before hitting magento, etc)? I would try resetting admin cache, then verify the SKU of the product in your link with the one you are checking it against in Admin.

For example these two pages, looks like they show the same product. The first one (which is your link above) has 360 configured and the other does not. Is this what happened?

http://www.spywebshop.nl/spy-producten/ ... dicht.html
http://www.spywebshop.nl/spy-cameras/ho ... t-337.html

GreenGecko

It looks like a 3rd party extension which a 'developer' installed badly broke this, and many other parts of the site. All is now working as expected, now I've disabled it. :D

I am just using APC Opcode cacher outside the standard Magento caches.

Cheers,

Steve