Ad-hoc integration

hhartman1027

Hi!
I'm working on putting together a test site with Magento on which some items will use WebRotate 360 and others won't. Currently, we are using the pre-loaded RWD theme, which apparently WebRotate 360 doesn't work well with (I'm assuming it's because if an item is hovered over, a box pops up with a zoomed-in view). If I switch the theme to default, everything works great. I read that there might be issues with overriding in some themes... so, how do I activate ad-hoc rather than standard? Thank you in advance!

WebSupport

Hi and thanks for contacting us here!

I can remember a few folks on RWD theme that we helped with before. Can you possibly describe the issue you are seeing exactly? I.e do you see the 360 product view loaded at all? It would be best if you could share a link to your product page but I guess it's still on your local machine..

Most often the issue is with this required manual install step on some themes that do not install under the default package in Magento:

If you are not using default design package, please copy these files and folders to your current design and skin folders accordingly:

app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/webrotate360.xml
app/design/frontend/default/default/template/webrotate360
skin/frontend/default/default/webrotate360
skin/frontend/default/default/prettyPhoto

hhartman1027

Thank you for your quick response!

The issue is that it only displays the placeholder image that goes with the theme, not the rotating image - and I don't think it's the 360 product view in any way, shape, or form. If I switch the theme to default, the rotating image displays as it should, no additional steps necessary.

Actually, good news is that we have a regular site set up already, so we tagged our Magento site onto the server with it. ;) http://coastalpet.com/magento/index.php/products/toys/rascalsr-squeaky-pig.html If you do get to see the rotating image, imagine that it looks prettier than it actually is. It's just a quick example to show it would work before we spend the time going through the items. :)

I have the small image set as a small image and thumbnail; I figured it might interfere with the rotating image if it was set as a base image.

WebSupport

Just had some time to look into it and it definitely looks like the integration files as per my list above would need to be copied first under your RWD design folders accordingly. If you would like us to do this on our end, please send us temp FTP/admin access to your dev site and we will make it work. It's free!

Otherwise, the first step would be to copy the files and folders as per my previous post.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed! :)

hhartman1027

Ah ha ha! I did need to do that first. Good catch! :) However, even after doing that (and double-checking that the files were copied), I'm still not seeing the rotating image. Am I missing something else?
Edit:
I made a new project in WebRotate 360, uploaded it, and updated the file location. I'm not sure what the difference between the two was, but it now works! Side question, it shows the rotating image a lot smaller than the image container, is that just because the size of the container is so much larger in the theme than the WebRotate container?

WebSupport

Looks better! :) The viewer dimensions can be changed in the Admin under the plugin settings where you selected Ad-hoc. I suggest setting the viewer width to 100% as right now it seems it's at 280px which is a default.

You may also try replacing basic.css under your imagerotator/html/css folder that you should be able to find under rwd skin folder with this one to get rid of the background and the top border in the toolbar at the bottom of the 360 viewer:

http://www.360-product-views.com/imager ... /basic.css

Let me know if any questions!

hhartman1027

Perfect! It looks so much better now! (Aside from the poor quality of the image, which is my fault!) Thank you very much! :D