Creating a new project

azulo

I am trying to create a new project, but it is not working.

I have 14 PNG files created by Solidworks, 2000px x 1000px, 3.4MB each in a folder called "Render."

In the New Project dialog box, I specify my project name, this folder as the project folder, and the same folder to tell it where my images are.

I then get an error about an unknown file format:

ATTACH]

It copies all of my PNG files into a new folder, /Render/projectname/images, but no project file is created...

Are my files too big? Am I selecting the folders incorrectly? Am I missing something else entirely?

Thank you in advance for any help...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 3.49.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 3.49.39 PM.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,248

WebSupport

Hi,

We haven't seen this error before.. PNG images work in all our tests and the image size shouldn't be a concern.

It's either the original issue was due to specifying the same folder for the new project location and the input image folder or there's something special about the PNG format in Solidworks.

Please re-try with two separate folders for new project and the image input and if this doesn't help, please send us one such PNG image to support at webrotate360 dot com so we could review and comment.

azulo

Mkay, I tried making separate folders, and received the same error.

My folders were on Dropbox, so I also tried working from folders on my desktop instead, as I've seen quirky stuff happen before in cloud folders, but unfortunately got the same result.

I will email you an example .png.

Thank you so much for your help!

WebSupport

Thanks for the image!

It appears to be a 64 bit PNG (16 bit per channel) which is quite unusual... The third-party software on Mac that we use (mono framework) doesn't support it unfortunately.

Once the image is converted to 24bit PNG (8 bit per channel), all works fine :) 24bit is sufficient for displaying Truecolor imagery on modern monitors.

Do you have control over the PNG format during export in SolidWorks?