Customize default toolbar

dougarts

Hello there,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to replace the default .svg files of the toolbar with my own custom .svg files. The default ones provided, although great, do not fit in with the thematic coherence of my existing design. I have tried replacing the svg files with my own artwork, but on publishing, they get over-written by the product. If I go into the code after publishing I can replace it, but I also want to resize and reposition it and that appears as if it will take a lot of massaging on top of what appears to be class files and Id's that are hard to determine in the developer tools.

Is there any easy way to create a custom toolbar without haveing to do massive amounts of what appear to be css massaging? I can't seem to find any settings in the tool itself or in the documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Emma

WebSupport

Hi Emma,

If you need it to look completely custom, it would be easier to go with your own toolbar altogether which can sit outside of the 360 product viewer box and use our API to control the viewer functions.

If you publish using the JavaScript API template (which you can select on the Publish form), you can see how different API calls can be utilized to replicate the standard toolbar. This will require some JavaScript coding..

PS: you would then publish your project via "empty" skin (select on the Interface tab) and duplicate the published html file (under published directory) where you can make all the edits such that re-publishing won't overwrite it.

I hope it makes sense!