Detailed instructions please for setting up a product?

lizi

Hi

I've managed to install the extension (magento 1.7.0.2) and have created the attribute but what happens next? I can see a text field on one of my products but what do I put there?

I have no idea where I should place the necessary files via ftp.

I'm struggling to find detailed instructions on how to configure the extension or set up a product with the 360 image.

Please, please, please help?

WebSupport

Hi Liz, here's a quick info that I hope can help. I will also reply to your email and let's see if you still have any questions via email .

1. First you need to create a 360 product view using our software that is available in this download link below. The software is called SpotEditor and you can see a quick youtube guide on how to use the software in the other link below:

http://www.webrotate360.com/360-product-viewer.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XQi7_YfTdA

2. Once you have your published folders on your computer for your products, you can ftp them anywhere on your magento server (ie under media/catalog or in the root under 360views, for example).
3. You only need to note the URL of a configuration xml file on your server after copying the files to ftp - this file is automatically created by SpotEditor in the published folders on your desktop.
4. You just need to copy the URL of each product config xml file, remove the part with the http://your_domain_name.com/ and paste the rest into that attribute field under corresponding product in Magento Admin. Once this is done, the 360 view should appear on a product page.

If this doesn't help, you can email us your temp ftp and admin login, and we will help making it work (will also help upgrading the viewer to the latest release if needed).

SonamD

I need the same kind of help please. I did the same things and am experiencing the same problem. PLEASE HELP. I have written to the support team so many times but I have not received any messages back from them. Can anyone help me with this? I am very new to magento.

WebSupport

Hi Sonam, sorry about the late replies via email (I think we received two emails from you on our Friday PST but unfortunately our support team was not available to address them at that time). There are 4 steps clarifying the process above for Liz, and there are also a few steps on our Magento connect page that you would need to follow to install the extension:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento- ... llery.html

Which one do you have a trouble with?

SonamD

I have downloaded the FREE edition of WebRotate 360 Product Viewer available on the website, then I used the spot editor to create the 360 images. I then used filezilla to ftp the images along with the xml files to a folder on the magento server. I created the 360 viewer path attribute and attached the link to the xml file of the 360 image. But I am not able to see any result on my product page. I tried to change the folder into which I stored the 360 images, that is, I first copied them to the skin/default/default and when that didn't work i copied them to app/code/core. Even when I changed the viewer path it didn't produce the 360 images on the product page. I followed all the steps listed above. Please help.

SonamD

I have sent the support team the e-mail containing all the details for my ftp and magento accounts. please help me as soon as possible.

SonamD

Hello guys,
I was asked to contact you guys after a week for the updated magento extension.. am still waiting. Can anyone pleas help? I have written to you guys.

WebSupport

Hi Sonam, yes we have it ready but not released to Magento Connect yet. Please download it from the link below and then uninstall the old webrotate extension first and then install this one.

There's a detailed readme section in the settings of the new module in the admin. Please go through the notes and the field descriptions before adding your 360 tests. You will need the new Ad-hoc mode to make the 360 views working along with your other 3d party product image zoom which was interfering with our old plugin.

http://www.webrotate360.com/360_integra ... -3.5.0.tgz

settings.png

SonamD

I installed the newest extension available from Magento Commerce and then followed all the sets required to set the extension up. However, after all these I noticed that the extension has distorted all the images that were already uploaded to the product pages. The extension did not work well. I seriously need this 360 product viewer to work on the website. I have written to the support staff a couple of times but haven't received any replies yet. Please help me with this huge problem, I just need this extension to work.

WebSupport

Hi Sonam, please send us a link with the installed extension that shows distorted images so we could investigate. Note that you will have to send us a live link where extension is actually installed. If you can't keep it on the live site (per your email), please setup a development site and lets work from there.

SonamD

i had to uninstall the extension as I had clients viewing the website. But I did manage to send some screenshots to the support staff. If you could check out the mails I sent you would be able to see it. I have attached one screenshot. I removed the extension again after I took this screenshot.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,914

WebSupport

Hi Sonam, it should work now. You had to turn the new Ad-hoc mode on in the settings as per one of our emails to you and chose the css class on the product page for embedding the viewer, as otherwise you would need to uninstall your other 3d party module that you use for product zooming. The readme section has good details about the differences. Please let us know if any questions.

decentmanish

I have downloaded the FREE edition of WebRotate 360 Product Viewer available on the website, then I used the spot editor to create the 360 images. I then used filezilla to ftp the images along with the xml files to a folder on the magento server. I created the 360 viewer path attribute and attached the link to the xml file of the 360 image. But I am not able to see any result on my product page. I followed all the steps listed above. Please help. i have install the latest version of WebRotate 360 Product Viewer(3.5.5). but the output at the product page is none please help... as soon as possible

WebSupport

Hi, please share a link to your product page where it didn't show up and we will take a look. You can email it to support at webrotate360 dot com.

Thanks!