Dynamic configuration change file - xml

ladyginpro

Is it possible to use, as an argument to configFileURL, not a link, but an xml file?

For example: I need to change the parameters of the config file on the fly, and I can get the standard config file and change it with js, and then I need to update the player to change the parameters I need.

Is it even possible?

WebSupport

This would usually be done on the server such that either when the page is loading or upon some ajax request your server code can generate an xml file on the fly as needed. And then the viewer script simply points to the generated xml as usual.

PS: because we always require a URL of the xml file, it's unlikely that you would be able to modify the xml in javascript in a browser.

WebSupport

Our core viewer product doesn't include a sever component (although we recently launched a hosting platform for webrotate 360 product views - PixRiot).

Surprisingly, we also recently added a new API callback that gives you access to all xml config settings in JavaScript after xml is loaded by the viewer and before the settings are applied to any viewer UI, so you can now modify the config in browser according to some custom logic. Let us know if you need this update now as it will be probably a couple of weeks before it's released as a new 3.6.4 build.

daouf

Hello;

Before buying your product, I can not tell the difference between the Pro version and the Enterprise version.
Secondly, I have a mobile application that allows taking pictures from different angles, the latter will be stored in a web database for processing by Webrotate. my question is this: Is api able to process images in an automatic way?
thank you for your usual collaboration

WebSupport

Hi, can you please give us more details about this requirement: "Is api able to process images in an automatic way?"

daouf

Hi;

first of all, I want to thank you for your usual responsiveness.

I have a website where users send me images of their product from 32 different angles allowing me to create a 360 ° rendering.
the current procedure is that I process the photos manually on your software "Webrotate spot Editor", I publish to generate the xml file that I load it manually in my website.

this process is tedious and requires a lot of manual processing. that's why I'm wondering if there's a way to do it automatically using the APIs provided.

WebSupport

We don't have server APIs but you can work with your server team to make sure the images are renamed to match your "template" viewer xml file and store uploaded images in a certain folder on your server so you can then use our JavaScript API to load the xml and the images they uploaded as needed. Does this make sense?