Few bugs in the 3.6.0.543 + sugestion.

coremar

Hello,
I found a few bugs in the 3.6.0.543:

1)
The settings and hotspots are not being imported from the existing project when I choose it in the new project menu. (I'm definitely using the correct file path)

2)
If I've chosen a counterclockwise rotation in the control settings, then my projects are rotating the wrong way when mouse or rotations buttons are used. (if I press "rotate left" button, it rotates to the right.) Please note that with clockwise rotation is everything ok. It is apparent in both the editor and the preview in my browser.

3)
Just a small typo in the publishing menu: The last checkbox which says: "Skip images and just procees...

Now, a few things that aren't bugs, but I'm already writing here so I have two suggestions/questions here:

"4")
Is it possible to actually see how my hotpoints and interface will really look before publishing the project? Just right in the editor. (I know I can choose to publish without processing the images, but it still must open the external browser.)

If it isn't currently possible, I would really appreciate this addition, it might save me quite some time. I think it will be way faster if we could toggle on and off the result preview directly in the editor, without publishing the project. It can be basically the realtime preview. The image data are already loaded in the memory, aren't they?

"5"
I would really appreciate the possibility to resize hotspot image content right in the editor, I didn't find any option for it and resizing them in different software is a bit inconvenient. Right now If I use a file with big resolution(for example photo from different angle I wanna show without rotating) the result will always be the hotspot image with the original dimensions, so it will mostly not fit the frame.

p.s.
If some of my writing doesn't make any sense, please accept my apology for my english.

WebSupport

Hi there and thanks a lot for the feedback - we really really need it! :)

1) The import only works with the PRO version at the moment. Are you testing this with our free product by any chance?

2) That's how it's designed if I understand your concern correctly.. When you select counterclockwise, the rotation of the 360-degree product images is opposite to what it would have been if clockwise was selected. Some folks requested this feature a long time ago as they felt this was more logical (i.e when you drag mouse to the left, the images rotate counterclockwise) and we see this option being used in live projects from time to time.

3) Thank you! :cool: Will fix the typo shortly in the next build.

4) Are you mostly interested in previewing the hotspot indicators (those small circles) or the full hotspot functionality with rollovers, etc? Either way this is not yet available unfortunately but we have been considering it for the next release. The problem is that a lot of the hotspot rollover functions are designed to be rendered in HTML / web browser, so previewing it in-place inside a desktop app have been problematic so far.

5) Indeed this is one of the burning feature requests that we really want to add ASAP as a lot of folks think that we auto-size the hotspot content images but in reality we don't and the images end up being huge when published online.. good catch!

coremar

WebSupport":3csenk4a said:
1) The import only works with the PRO version at the moment. Are you testing this with our free product by any chance?
I'm using the PRO version.

2) That's how it's designed if I understand your concern correctly..
For some reason I actually thought this option was for auto rotation only, my bad then. Well in this case, I would like to see some option to use this change of rotating direction only for automatic rotation, not for manual. Sometimes I need to change just this automatic rotation while the manual controls remain the same.
I realise that the "rotate left" mean something else for different people, since the axis is usualy in the middle of the object so closer half is rotating to the right, while the farther part to the left.(and vice versa)

4) Are you mostly interested in previewing the hotspot indicators (those small circles) or the full hotspot functionality...
I was thinking about just previewing the indicators and the toolbar, to see if I used correct icons, if the whole composition looks the way I want etc. But the full functionality preview might be quite useful too.

WebSupport

Thanks for the feedback! We will keep both on our "radar" :cool:

PS: I will retest project import on our Thursday PST in the v3.6 beta build you mentioned and will follow up here.

WebSupport

Hi, we retested it in 3.6.0.543 and the project import worked for both hotspots and settings in our tests.

Please verify that the beta software was installed using commercial beta download links that we were sending out to all our PRO customers via email before. If you haven't received one, please shoot us an email to support at webrotate360 dot com and we will send it to you as well. PS: going forward you will be able to just click the Check Updates button on the about form to get the new builds.