Hotspot indicators shifting postion/hotspot scaling issues

ludvigs

Hi.

We are on Webrotate 360 SpotEditor v3.6.5. Pro version.

I am currently in the middle of setting up a rather complex tour with lots of connected webrotate projects, and most things are going well. We use the responsive publish template, and "create extra set of small fitted images to show on page load". We have however hit a couple of snags:

Hotspot scaling does not seem to be working between the small version and the full screen one, no matter what scaling options I try. I've tried to use Image Content instead of a hotspot to click on, but the clickable area of the hotspot seem to be using the size/position of the indicator graphic.

The hotspots whill shift places when going from fullscreen to small, and then going to the next scene. Using "auto adjust position if content does not fit" sometimes works, and sometimes shifts them around, seemingly more random.

Is this normal behavior, or are we doing something wrong?

Any help is much appreciated!

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, would you mind sharing link to the page with the issue? You could send it to support at webrotate360 dot com or paste here.

Last edited:

ludvigs

As the project is under NDA i can't share it as of now. I could probably delete/replace all the images with something else and send that. I was just wondering if this is a known issue/something common I'm doing wrong?

If not I'll try to upload something that has the error present.

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I see.. I don't think this is something we see often but there're certain considerations in terms of responsiveness depending on the hotspot content type (i.e popup presentation) you use.

ludvigs

We can now upload the entire project, but there is another snag. There seems to be some problem with capital letters in the online version. AFAIK html should just ignore capital letters and read them as non-captial, but for some reason the file names(.xml) that have captial letters in them seem to not be able to load. Is this a known issue? Searched the forums but found nothing on that specifically.

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
That suggests you were manually replacing images in the published folder or online. Otherwise, the image file names in .xml would match what's uploaded (i.e letter case). Replacing images manually would explain the issues you see with hotspot positions.

PS: some web servers (e.g Apache) treat request URLs as case sensitive which would explain what you see with loading of the uploaded 360 product view.

ludvigs

The image file names are fine with captial letters as far as i can see. It's the project names (I.E hyperlink to XML with captial letters in the name that seem to be failing). But they don't fail in every instance. I don't know the server type. I'll mail a link of a published version to the support email before i leave for the day.

Last edited: