Hotspot reposition issue v3.5

mihai

In the new version 3.5 of Hotspot editor the path for hotspots is positioned with a precision of 0.5 pixels (offsetX="439.5" offsetY="220.5"). When I reopen the saved file the position is modified by erasing the point “.”(offsetX="4395" offsetY="2205").
In the previous version 3 the path position was established at rounded pixel values (offsetX="439" offsetY="220").

WebSupport

Hi there! This is interesting as we don't see any issues with the dots in the offset numbers on save / re-open (same goes to many other users who have been using SpotEditor v3.5 for some time now, and they showed us various 360s created via v3.5 with correctly working hot-spots).

I suspect it's related to your OS' default language / number formatting scheme. Are you on Windows and is it a Romanian version of OS (as per the links in your post about Magento)?

Please let us know as we would like to fix this immediately. Also can you please send us your SpotEditor project folder as a zip (or just a URL to a zip file somewhere online so we could download and investigate on Tuesday PST) to our email which is support at webrotate360 dot com.

mihai

The OS is in Romanian language and the decimal symbol is “,”.
I think the rounded pixel values as in the older version are the best choice for compatibility.

WebSupport

The issue is being fixed now, Mihai. Thanks for bringing this up! :cool:

Will upload a new build in the next few hours and let you know here.

WebSupport

Hi! A new Windows build with the fix is available in the link below. Can you please give it a try?

http://www.webrotate360.com/360_product ... 0_free.exe

Note that the project xml still has the floating numbers in hot-spot offsets such that we don't loose any precision as you save / close and then again and modify 360 viewer dimensions, zoom or crop sizes - we just now consider your OS's decimal symbol if it's different from ".", and parse the numbers correctly then (hopefully, if you could please confirm? :D ). The output xml in your published folders always had / has integer numbers as this is what a web browser needs.