Hotspot text position error

krsykes23

I have just started using SpotEditor (v3.5). Added a simple Hotspot with Image and Text Content. But the text box is not always visible. I suspect it's because the Hotspot is quite low down on the image. How do I get round this problem? I can't move the Hotspot position on the image, as that's where it is required.

Keith - UK

Attachments

• WebRotate_HS_error.jpg
    WebRotate_HS_error.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 874

WebSupport

Hi Keith and thanks for your message.

In v3.5 and up we don't support both text and image content at the same time unfortunately (it's mentioned in the user guide on page 20 at the bottom). We should have shown a warning message when both tabs are set... but left it as-is as some folks were still using the newer editor to publish 3D product views for the previous versions of the script.

We just never liked how they looked together (i.e image and text showing separately at the bottom) in the previous releases and the way it was implemented originally made it somewhat difficult to maintain with the rest of the newer hotspot options.

With v3.5 you can still achieve something similar (but with quite more flexibility) via the HTML markup option on the Text Content tab. More on this is in the user guide on page 21. But please let us know if any help is needed.