How to setup Ad-hoc?

Plum

Hello,

I want to be able to setup ad-hoc instances within static blocks and other places that have no connection to product pages.

I find the 2 installation options (standard and ad-hoc) very limited, and do not allow me to put any 360 on any page.

Is there a way I can achieve this?

Many thanks,

Plum

WebSupport

Hi Plum,

There's no simple way to add this functionality without some extra coding unfortunately.

I think, the easiest would be to either insert an iFrame inside your static blocks directly or hookup via jQuery as described in our user guide on pages 25 and 26.

The issue with both options is that it can't be managed from admin without some extra development (i.e associating 3d viewer xml configs to certain static block, etc).

Our adhoc.phtml can be also modified to do this as the only product dependency there is the config/root path attributes (i.e admin management of what to load for each product). If you can read these attributes from somewhere else based on page id or similar, the change would be minimal.

Do you have a developer who's helping you with this as we can provide more details and assist?