Magento 2 Integration Not working

warrenm

Hi,
I have followed all the instructions for Magento 2 and things appear to be setup correctly but nothing is loading and I'm not sure why. I am using the Porto theme and this is the product page I'm testing on:
[link removed]/emanuel-small-bowl-laser-cut-hand-painted-butterflies.html

I have added a div in the product content which shows up on the page in the description area when i inspect the elements but no spin there.

The path for the spin is: /public_html/360/test/360_assets/Bowl1/Bowl1.xml

Screenshots attached.

Warren

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-05-27 17.17.47.png
    Screenshot 2018-05-27 17.17.47.png
    532.3 KB · Views: 2,336
  • Screenshot 2018-05-27 17.25.02.png
    Screenshot 2018-05-27 17.25.02.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 2,336
  • Screenshot 2018-05-27 17.24.37.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-05-27 17.24.37.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 2,336

WebSupport

Hi Warren, thanks for the detailed summary of the issue! :cool:

There're two concerns so far:

Please enter the following in the Page Placeholder field in the plugin settings (just need to add # in the front so the viewer knows it's an html id):

Code:
#360imagebox

The xml path of the 360 product view can't use public_html as it's a hidden folder on your server. But even if I try the following for the XML url (without public_html), it's not there, so please make sure your 360 folder is located under the same Magento installation on your FTP:

Code:
[link removed]/360/test/360_assets/Bowl1/Bowl1.xml

warrenm

Hi,
Thanks so much for this. I have added in the # into the page placeholder field.

With regards to the path, this is a multi-store M2 installation and all code and files are under the 'master' store called [link removed].com with the [link removed].com being under a list of redirects. Would it be better to place all these files on an independent CDN...?

I'm actually a little concerned about performance with your solution which is why I'm only on a trial at the moment. How can I be sure that the spin isn't going to take Mb of data in multiple images which haven't been optimized? Any comments on this subject?

warrenm

BTW, I have in the meantime entered the full path as follows: [link removed]/360/test/360_assets/Bowl1/Bowl1.xml when i go to that url, i see the xml, but it is still not loading on the product page.

At least that now I've added the # into the placeholder field, I see all the webrotate code!

WebSupport

Hi, a couple of things:

The xml path in our Magento integration should be relative (relative to the root of the Magento installation). So for example, I can open this file in my browser:

Code:
https://[link removed].com/pub/media/porto/configed_css/settings_en.css

A relative path to this file (that you would enter in the webrotate attribute) would be:

Code:
/pub/media/porto/configed_css/settings_en.css

Please try to get to a point where you can open the xml file in your browser using your site domain, e.g:

Code:
http://[link removed]/pub/360/test/360_assets/Bowl1/Bowl1.xml

PS: regarding the loading performance, our solution has various optimizations built-in (e.g. two sets of images for initial load and zoom, asynchronous image loading, etc) and it's actually faster to load multiple images as browsers usually open multiple connections at once and load them in parallel. Then with our PRO license you can use any CDN for the hosting of the published 360 product images, and if you chose Amazon S3 with CloudFront it will work the same or better than any other image hosting solution as they internally use the same ...but charge you quite more ;)

warrenm

Fantastic.. I got it working.. thanks for your help. Now the final challenge is that your basic/free trial doesn't let me see the finished result after the cropping and color/white balance adjustments. Is there any trial key or option for the PRO version that lets me see the final result before I shell out $299?

WebSupport

I'm glad it started working! Unfortunately, we don't have a full-featured trial version yet (something we plan to release in the next version of the product). Sorry about this..

warrenm

What is the time frame for the next version and what is the status of the native Mac client which I really need?

WebSupport

6 months min for the next major release.. There will be an intermediate "stability" release in between but neither will be in there.