output .glb or .gltf formats of webrotate for import other software 3d

360nama

Hello, I want to create a project with webrotate360. and combine it with 3Dvista software and create a car virtual tour External and internal view.
. I need the output .glb or .gltf formats, but unfortunately I can't find in Spot Editor or it doesn't exist, please help It is very important to me tnx

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I believe you don't need GLB or GLTFs. It's a format for assets that are created in specialized 3d software (e.g Blender) or via photogrammetry. Per your livechat, you would be photographing images in 360s degrees. GLBs / GLTFs are not used for image based 360 product views.

3DVista does allow integrating 360 views published in our software as per the museum tour we shared on livechat with you.

PS: we do help with GLBs and similar via our service in the following link but then again, I don't think you need it:

Last edited:

360nama

Hi, in the new version of 3Dvista , this possibility has been created and it is very practical
info and sample
I have a project to display 360 degrees of the interior and exterior of the car I need to make the exterior of the car with webrotate360 and import

.glb or .gltf formats​

the output as a file into the 3Dvista software to create a virtual tour.
webrotate360 only outputs HTML and GIF....360nama.com-webroate.jpg

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, but how do you plan to create a 3D model of a car which is a requirement for the feature you linked? The model you see in your link was painstakingly created in specialized 3D software manually (bit by bit) which takes a lot of time and 3D modeling experience and does NOT involve 360 degree photography..

In other words, 360 car images (exterior) that are captured as per this link below which is a standard for 360 car photography are never converted to a 3d model, e.g GLB, because it's not possible:

Last edited:

360nama

I don't want to create a 3D model I know it's not my job..I want to make a car without a rotary table with an external webrotate360 output
I want to convert the car photo example to .glb or .gltf format
I didn't know if it would be possible or not
I said that there might be a way that would be very interesting...
Do you have another suggestion, meaning you can't add this output in the future?

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I understand. It's not technically possible to take a photo and produce a 3d product model out of it. Well, there are machine learning (aka AI) systems that can create a 3d model of an apple out of a single photo, based on thousands of photos of different apples that it was trained on... but this will not work for cars in the near future and may still not be suitable for applications involving say used cars.

360nama

There is another way, but it doesn't look professional
Create a 360-degree image from the outside of the car with webrotate360 and give the internal view an external link to the virtual tour 3dvista with a hotspot....:cautious:
or scan with lidar iphone and export .glb or gltf ....but webrotate360 dont use
can i use the normal outputs of the webrotate360 to the blender or 3dmax or ....... and export .glb or gltf format ???

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Usually that's how it's done by most car dealerships we have seen, i.e you would see two separate tabs or buttons for interior and exterior and if done right (open / expand seamlessly on the same page), it looks very professional. But it's a job of a web designer & developer to put it together on a website and I suggest to go that route with your clients.

360nama

Considering that I am a web developer myself, I am working on this project and if I get a new achievement, I will get your help and report to you.
Thank you for your response, I will probably ask a lot of questions in the forum this week...🙏