Playing the demo

kanga

Hi

Just downloaded the demo, or beta version of the plugin.
Windows 8.1
Wordpress 4.3.1 Divi theme.
Uploaded the folder after unzipping (you have a folder in a folder in your zip with the same name that gives a header error) and placed it in public_html/wp-content/plugins
Activated the plugin through the wp backend.
Divi theme uses modules and one of them is text, so I entered the code: [wr360embed name="view01" width="100%" height="500px" config="/wordpress/360-assets/sampleshoe/config.xml"] into the text area (not visual area and I get a white box but no images of the sample shoe. I went to the folder and saw that you thoughtfully placed the sample images in a 360 folder and I am guessing that is where I can eventually place my own images to show the client. I am fairly sure there is a part of the process i have missed as I am a 3d artist and not a website builder. Any ideas would be welcome. The page is on my own site so maybe you can look at the code to see what I am missing:http://www.art-werx.com/?page_id=1403

Thanks in advance.
Cheerio

kanga

Just thought I would mention that the text module I am trying to use to display the 360 player supports image presentation.

Any ideas?

kanga

For anyone else looking:
Ok I know more. After placing the correct path to the config.xml I noticed the file is not accessible via the browser. In fact no content in the wp-content folder on my server is accessible so it looks like a server setting.

WebSupport

Hi and thanks for the notes!

Do you still have a problem with this? wp-content is usually accessible as it hosts various plugins, etc and I seem to be able to access yours. You can upload your 3D views into a different folder as well, i.e outside of wp-conent if needed.

I don't see our 3D product viewer on the sample page you included above, so just let us know if you still need help with this and we would be happy to make it work for you :)

BTW: the config path above in your sample shortcode wouldn't work. For the sample 360 product view of a shoe that we include with the plugin, the config path in your shortcode would have been like this:

Code:
/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/360_assets/sampleshoe/config.xml

kanga

Hi WebSupport!
Yeah I changed the permissions during the day while trying out a batch of jquery players. Your player was the only one that worked. This time I downloaded the plugin via the plugin search area in the backend of wp and the demo worked fine. I went to substitute the images for my own and realized editing the xml was a no go ha ha. On the site under the free trial you should put a section at the beginning with a short explanation of how everything works because the system really shines through its simplicity and ease of use and that isn't immediately apparent. I spent the entire day and a good bit of yesterday scouring players that I couldn't implement because absolutely nowhere is there clear instructions for implementation so its possible that by the time people reach your company they expect the process to be difficult I could imagine. The way the youtube vid starts off I thought you were selling image editing software. Start off by telling people the lightweight editor is for making the player, and that its fast and simple software, because well,... it is!

The spot editor is well designed easy to use and install, its a very elegant tool. So I would put the stuff people need to get everything up and running together: the downloads, the short codes and a quick explanation outlining what the process is because it took me a while to catch on and I found myself searching for stuff.

I am using the beta version and it works great. The player doesn't appear to be responsive though because it doesn't resize to fit devices, even in a responsive theme. Maybe that is a pro feature, but I thought I would mention it.

Now its time to get a lot of clients using your player.
Thanks for the demo and support. I hope to be buying the product soon.
Cheerio
Chris

WebSupport

Hi Chris, thanks for this! :cool: We're working on a new website right now and your comments about a clearer message & info will be definitely incorporated.

The viewer is responsive (here's our standard WP demo just in case which you can try on your phone, etc). As long as shortcode's width is relative, i.e 100% it should fill any wrapping space accordingly. There's also an extra shortcode parameter called basewidth that we describe as follows:

You can also add an extra shortcode parameter called basewidth to specify the original width of your embedded views (e.g, basewidth=”620px” as in this example above). So when your shortcode width parameter is relative (e.g, 100%), the basewidth setting will force viewer to scale its height relative to your original viewer width (basewidth). If the basewidth parameter is not set, the viewer height is not scaled when it’s embedded inside a responsive layout.

If you have a link that you can share where the viewer doesn't seem to be responsive, please paste it here or via forum's private message or send it to us via email (support at webrotate360 dot com) and we will take a look.

PS: we also are working on additional responsive helpers, like minimum height as per this very recent post on our blog (under responsiveMinHeight):

http://www.webrotate360.com/Blog/post/F ... plate.aspx

WebSupport

Wow, impressive work! thanks for the update.

PS: you may have noticed a vertical border line on the desktop view which looks odd.. It's coming from your theme's CSS and to remove it, you would need to add this small CSS snippet below either into your theme's CSS / style overrides in WordPress admin (if available; this would protect from future theme or our plugin updates), or either one of these CSS files if you feel comfortable editing them (we can help, if not!):

/wp-content/themes/Divi/style.css
/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/imagerotator/html/css/basic.css

Code:
.wr360_player .container::before
{
	display: none !important;
}