Struggling to get to work

jmg

Hi,

I have followed the instructions provided but after copying the webrotate360 files to wp-content - plugin folder and then logging into my wordpress admin, under plugins it does not show the webrotate360 plugin to activate it.

I have searched for the plugin through the wordpress plugin search but it can not find webrotate360 plugin either. I would like to integrate webrotate360 into my wordpress site, help please.

Thanks

jmg

Managed to get past this stage, I was putting the original webrotate360 files I had downloaded previously into wordpress and hadnt downloaded the wordpress specific files, I now have it in my admin section of wordpress, have activated the plugin and have added the code to my chosen page, when linking to the .xml file it is showing the box where the 360 should be appearing on the page but nothing appears, just an empty box.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong???

WebSupport

Hi Jmg! Thanks for pushing it forward. Hard to say right away without seeing the page. The first thing to check is if the xml file is there on your server and that the path to the xml in the wp admin is pointing to it correctly. If this doesn't help, please send us a link to that page. You can either post it here or shoot it to our support @ webrotate360 . com.

jmg

Have sent email to your support address, will update here when manage to get it working, thanks

jmg

Hi,

Thanks for your email reply,

I downloaded the 360 wordpress zip file again as you suggested and uploaded again the webrotate360.php onto my server and I still have the same problem, I have not modified the webrotate360.php file at all.

Is there a problem with the beta download files that I am downloading that is causing this to happen.

Look forward to your fast reply so can get this sorted.

Thanks

WebSupport

Hi Joel, I guess we would need access to your ftp (our module folder at least) to try few ideas and investigate it further.

WordPress module is still a beta component and was not tested on various environments..

jmg

Hi,

Ok I will email you my ftp details so you can see what the problem is and why its not working.

Thanks again for your help

WebSupport

Hi Joel, it's fixed now! Please check it out when you have a moment.. We will update our beta WP plugin with this fix as it seems to be specific to a certain version of PHP that we didn't test with.

jwegner

Hello,

I am having a difficult time getting this plugin to work. I have followed all the steps I believe that were necessary but I am only getting a loading indicator when I go to view the page?

Any help on how you got yours to work?

my site is http://www.jkwcreated.com/test

WebSupport

Hi! The xml configuration in your test (canadianhunter.xml) has absolute 360 image path that points to another server btmtest.. There's a couple of issues with this:

1. 360 image path (and hot-spot path if any) in xml is always relative to the location of the xml file. That's how our software would always generate it (looks like your xml was manually updated).

2. Free version of the plugin doesn't allow loading images from external location, so I recommend to get the images uploaded in a folder next to your xml on your WP server and update the xml to reference the images correctly.

Let us know how this works out.