Viewing 360 on eBay

Stuart

Hello

I have uploaded my images to a webserver and changed the config.html to point to the server to retreive the images, on eBay i can view and control the flash version but the javascript/html5 only loads the player and not the images, is this because i need to purchase the pro version?

Kind Regards
Stu

WebSupport

Hi Stuart, apologies for our late reply.. missed this post somehow. I'm not 100% sure about your 360 viewer setup though.

For our viewer to work correctly both javascript and the xml config (and the images it points to) need to live on the same domain where your 360 view is going to be loaded. Otherwise, browsers will have an issue with cross-domain file access and will block it in most cases. I think that's what you see right now. It's possible though to have the actual 360-degree images hosted on a separate sever / CDN as per this article (requires PRO license :cool: ):

http://www.webrotate360.com/Blog/post/H ... Works.aspx

On the other hand, I think with eBay you can pretty much only use iFrame to load interactive / external content so in that case it should be pretty straightforward - just point your iFrame to the html file with your 360 on your server.

Does this make sense?

Stuart

Thanks for your reply!

Is it possible i can use the config.html in my listing and just point the javascript and xml to the server? This does work for the flash part of it but the html5 only loads the player and not the images, which i'm assuming is because i need to purchase the pro version.

Thanks
Stu

WebSupport

I think so, Stu - assuming config.html is hosted on your own server (not eBay), it should be able load 360 viewer xml and javascript from the same server without issues. You can test is as standalone page and once you are happy with it, reference it in your eBay iframe.