Webrotate Script issue not rendering correctly

scooby

I have a strange problem. I develop my website on 3 different PCs using SVN server and SQLyog to keep databases in sync.
However, on one of my PC's the Webrotate script is not rendering correctly.

It throws the following error:
getGalleryImages()) > 0):?>
getGalleryImages() as $_image):?>
<a href="
Fatal error: Call to a member function getFile() on a non-object in C:\test\app\design\frontend\default\default\template\webrotate360\catalog\product\view\media.phtml on line 86...

See the attached image whereby it renders the 360 image first, then the normal image, but not the additional image and also when you click the large image, it does not show the nice prettyphoto photobox. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox show this issue on the same PC. However the other two PC's do not have this issue. I am puzzled.
I develop on Xammp, Windows 7 machines.

Also when you hover over the "hotspots", you can see the "broken image link" where there is supposed to be a "i" icon.

Anyone got any idea where to search for a solution? It has cost me two full days and am unable to sort it out (am also not the brightest Magento/php developer :lol: )
Thank you.

Attachments

• weird.JPG
    weird.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,566
  • broken image link.JPG
    broken image link.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 2,566

WebSupport

Hi Scooby, it's probably some of the files between your setups that were not synced / updated.. You can try to reinstall our Magento extension on the problematic box and see if it helps but from the looks of it, something is wrong with your Magento setup / db overall on the problematic PC.

Also please don't worry about the small info icon that is missing in the demo hot-spot. You can always update our sample 360 view and the hot-spot in SpotEditor (link) and remove the reference to this image that I think we didn't package with the sample in our Magento extension.

scooby

Hi, thanks for your swift reply. I also think it's not your product causing the issue, but maybe some settings on the box.
I tried a clean Magento install (no sample data etc.) and then installed webrotate360 plugin, but even then all three browsers(FF, Chrome and IE) throw the same error, which makes me think it's something with settings on the actual development box, or config of Apache, PHP, don''t know? I will look into this further, but drives me nuts...

WebSupport

Ho Scooby, by the sounds of it, it should be giving you the same errors on any other product gallery images. Do you have a product there with more than one product image that is displayed as a gallery? The code that asserts in your problematic box (as per above) suggests that this part is broken ie accessing gallery images in general.

You can also go to our 360 viewer settings in admin and change the integration mode to AdHoc in which case we shouldn't be reading your gallery images at all so you should stop seeing the error in our php file.

scooby

Hi websupport. I have a clean Magento install with one product and with multiple images. And indeed, it's not showing the gallery images. The error is thrown on line 86 in the media.phtml in the webrotate folder. That's correct.
When I change to ad-hoc mode, the gallery images are shown (using the Magento default media.phtml file and the 360 icon is shown in the place where normally the product image would show up. So in essence ad-hoc mode is working on this box.

But on the other two developer machines, the Standard integration works fine, it does show the gallery images and that's what we would like to continue to use for our final website as well. It's a bit odd having to change it on that single developer machine.
We very much like the standard implementation of webrotate with the prettyphoto image box, you see :p

I compared the media.phtml files on all boxes and in Subversion with diff and no changes were made in the code (they 100% compare).
So it's now also become a matter of wanting to know what's causing this. (developer pride??)

I will keep looking for a solution and very much appreciate your support as well, because I really think it's not your product or media.phtml file, but rather something strange on the Windows machine (if needed I can always throw that laptop away... :roll: )

WebSupport

May be just copy the whole magento folder from one box where it all works to your Windows laptop as-is and backup / restore DB as well. This would be a quick fix most likely :)