2 SpotEditor bugs

lupo

Hello,
recently I have found 2 SpotEditor bugs:

1. Copy the settings and hotspots from a existing project:
If in the existing project directory I don't have this folders already:
resources
images/spots
the SpotEditor exits with a error and the settings / hotspots aren't copied. If I create this 2 directories by hand everything is OK.

2. FTP uploud - "Uploud assests only" if this option is selected, then on the ftp server outpud direcotry is created same very strange directory with a name lake this:
D:\\GDrive\\projects\\Vihren-70-black\\published\\360_assets\\Vihren-70-black-650x523
The files are uploaded to a folder with a name 100% simmilar as the Windows PATH of my project wihch I'm coping from.
I'm using the "Explicit FTP over TLS" option for connecting to my FTP SSL server.

WebSupport

Hi Lupo, thanks for reporting these. The first issue has been fixed a couple of weeks ago - we have a new build of SpotEditor PRO with the fix if you would like to give it a try, just let us know (two clients have already confirmed that this issue has been fixed for them in this build).

Nobody has reported the 2nd one so far, so we will re-test shortly if we can reproduce and let you know if we need more info.

lupo

Thank you for the information!
Where I can find the new PRO version? Via the regular download link from the web site or? :)

lupo

few more bugs in 3.6-beta

1. If I check on Control / Rotation / Set current Images as first and after that click on Save I receive this Unhandled exception error:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.PerformAutoUpdates(Boolean tabbedInto)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1022 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SpotEditor
    Assembly Version: 3.6.0.127
    Win32 Version: 3.5.0.127
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/WebRotate%20360/SpotEditor/SpotEditor.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
Portable.Licensing
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/WebRotate%20360/SpotEditor/Portable.Licensing.DLL
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
BouncyCastle.Crypto
    Assembly Version: 1.7.4114.6375
    Win32 Version: 1.7.4114.6375
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/WebRotate%20360/SpotEditor/BouncyCastle.Crypto.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. 
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

2. This bug is presented in the 3.6-beta and in the stable 3.5 version:
On the end step: Publish the project If I use bigger size source images like 5184x3456 the publishing process always exits with Error: Out of Memory.

The Win virtual machine which I use only for the Editor have 4.5 GB of RAM and 8 CPUs and when the error happens there are more then 2.5-3 GB RAM free.

If the source Images are with lower resolution like 3456x2304 both versions are OK. The problem is that on my Canon if I need RAW Images also to be created the size of the JPG Images is 5184x3456

3. The Ftp uploud problem reported in 3.5 is not fixed

WebSupport

Hi Lupo,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We really need more folks like you who get back to us with their SpotEditor issues :)

For 1 and 3, we will send you a link to a recent 3.6 build that we sent to a few photographers a couple of weeks ago. Both issues have been fixed and tested there but if you give it a try and confirm, that would be great. Will send it to you on Monday PST. v3.6 has many new features, so we're holding on releasing the latest 3.6 beta build to public for another week or so.

For number 2 in your post, there's a couple of points:

a) When you create a new project with images that large, the software automatically shows an option to optimize the images, which essentially reduces their size to 2000px on a widest side if confirmed (this is also configurable in app.config that you can find under c:\Users\UserName\Application Data\SpotEditor\appConfig.xml on Windows as maxImportImageWidth and maxImportImageHeight). 2000px on a widest is what we consider max for quality 360 product viewing on the web today..

b) We do test SpotEditor with 360 product images larger than 5184x3456, but the test computers are not virtual machines and have quite more RAM. In your example, it's better to check how much RAM is available before you get the error in case it's already released by the time you see the exception. But I can see how 2.5 gb of free RAM may not be enough for the images that large - we load them into RAM uncompressed so you could do instant previews, edits, etc.. An uncompressed size of one 5184x3456 jpg image is about 50 mb, so if you have 50 or so of such images in your project, you would pretty much reach your current RAM limit. That's why Photoshop, for example, wouldn't let me open more than 25 large images / tabs at the same time - they also have to loaded them in RAM. So I think, checking available RAM and not letting user to import images if he opted out from automatic optimization should be something we have to consider for future releases.

lupo

Thank you very much for the feedback, you are right, I didn't used this option when imported the Images.

lupo

Yes, If I change the maximum value in c:\Users\UserName\Application Data\SpotEditor\appConfig.xml to 3456 and use the Image optimisation Option from the beginning everything works just perfect with bigger images, but if I don't use the Optimization then I receive the Out of memory error despite that the my system have a lot ram free - see the attached Image.

Attachments

• webrotate360-3.6-beta-eror-02.jpg
    webrotate360-3.6-beta-eror-02.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,845

WebSupport

Thanks for the confirmation, lupo!

Just to reiterate, if you use images that are 5184x3456px, each image takes roughly 50 mb in RAM when loaded in SpotEditor. If you have lets say 40 images in your project, they will consume all 2 gb of RAM which is all free RAM you have as per the screenshot.

lupo

Just to report another bug in latest SpotEditor 3.6.0.525:
If you select Images / Rows / Skip frames and also you have activated Control / Rotate once
then, after the page load the viewer rotates the Images not to the END, but it skips exactly the same number of skipped frames which you have set in Images / Rows / Skip frames.
For example: I have 20 images for 360 view, have added 3 skipped frames on 4 places (front, right, left, right) as a result the viewer Initially rotates the product only on 270 degrees, not 360.

lupo

If you make a new project and after that if you close the project and delete the new project directory (because some mistakes have made :) ) the SpotEditor give this unhandled exception code:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Spotter.SpotterForm.OnPicBoxMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1022 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
SpotEditor
    Assembly Version: 3.6.0.525
    Win32 Version: 3.5.0.525
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/WebRotate%20360/SpotEditor/SpotEditor.exe
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
Portable.Licensing
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/WebRotate%20360/SpotEditor/Portable.Licensing.DLL
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
BouncyCastle.Crypto
    Assembly Version: 1.7.4114.6375
    Win32 Version: 1.7.4114.6375
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/WebRotate%20360/SpotEditor/BouncyCastle.Crypto.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

WebSupport

We wouldn't ever test this scenario :) but you're right, we can reproduce it using your steps and this may indicate a bigger issue! Will fix shortly. Thanks.