360' Product Photography of reflective products

JoeClark

Hello,

So I've been asked to do some 360' product images of brass instruments. Some of these instruments are big and I mean big. A Tuba is around 100cm high and almost that again wide and needs a support in order to stand up. Client would like to have images of said instrument without stand and without the stand reflected in the product.

OK so I could photograph the product being supported, remove the stand and reflections in PS - would probably look unnatural but then how would I rotate the instrument?
I also need to shoot for an product video , Before I embark on an adventure in building some kind of customisable wooden rotating rig to support different instruments and allow them to rotate freely, I hoped some wise photographers with more experience than myself may be able to offer some sage advice.

Please help me out.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

cmomchilov

Consider suspending the instrument with fishing line and rotate the product while it's suspended. A second piece of fishing line tied to the instrument could serve as a handle for rotating. You will need "tent lighting" to deal with the shiny surfaces of the instruments.

Hope this helps.
Cindy