background questions

lalegator

hello and good day,

a few questions and possible workaround about `background` on stretched dimensions.

i have a 1600x384px banner to make. and i would like to have a static side background and rotating product in the center.
so i added a background to all images, and it is a cool rotation. but the pictures are heavy due to size, and especially ones that are to be enlarged. the `normal` file size is ~9mb and with background ~ 35mb. which is normal since all pictures are full with sides color info and triple+ times larger in dimensions.
then on images thar are stored in HIGHRES folder i delete all color info from sides, leaveing just the product. and on `dead white` sides i reduce file size for ~15mb.

any other way to have layer alike rotation?
i blurred the image since it is clients. sorry

tnx

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 648

WebSupport

Hi lalegator! Glad to hear from you :)

One option would be to use transparent PNGs for the shoes and have your large gradient background as a static CSS background of the html block that embeds the viewer (we can help with an example to accomplish this if needed).

Not sure how large the standalone PNG images will be for the shoes alone, but it's very likely that they will be noticeably smaller than the combined JPGs you are using right now as having so much gradient takes a lot of space with JPG and your PNGs for the shoes would need much lower resolution..

Does this make sense at all?