Can I upload the 360 Product Photo to my own hosting/server? It doesn't seem to work.....

Mr. Frog

Hi there,

I tried to upload/FTP the contents of a 360 product photo spin to my web server via FTP but nothing happened as an end result.

I uploaded the contents of the "published" folder that Webrotate made into a folder called "webrotate" in my root directory and then I tried to open both the HTML file and the XML file in Chrome.

Nothing happened and I got a "page not found" message.

Questions:

1. Can I upload the 360 files to my on/any server or hosting service?
2. Is there anything special that needs to be done, both with my hosting service and with the chrome browser.

Thanks in advance.

Ronald

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ronald:

1. Yes.

2. With FTP, it's a matter of figuring out a correct URL as often you would see things like "public_html" in the URL when copying path to a file there and it's incorrect as it's a special subfolder that is omitted by a web server. Please share link to the html file you uploaded that didn't work for you and we will review and comment.

Mr. Frog

Thanks. Your reply reminded me that I need to put these files into the "public_html" folder, not make a new folder elsewhere.

I wasn't sure which file is the one to open in my browser after I uploaded.

This one seems to work: http://eatmarketing.com/published/Wine720 -Edited02.html

But I assumed the actual correct one would be http://eatmarketing.com/published/360_assets/Wine720-Edited02.xml (which doesn't).

And how would I create an iframe for this on this server to embed in other webpages (not on this server)?

And if I wanted to show the 360 photo spin inside a page on my Wordpress site, would I upload it to the Wordpress uploads>images folder and how would I place it inside a page on the same site? (or is this a question for the Wordpress plugin forum)?

Last edited:

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Great! It seems you are using too many images for a regular 360 product spin. You may want to play with Drag Acceleration in SpotEditor under Control tab, and/or reduce the number of images as it may be too slow for the end user. Appendix -> Suggested Image Requirements in the linked user guide below has some recommendations as well as the example notes here.

1. To embed via iFrame from your server, please review our user guide under Web Integration -> Embed via iFrame:

2. We have a pretty advanced WordPress plugin for 360 product views published in SpotEditor. Please find more details here:
https://www.webrotate360.com/produc...ess-and-woocommerce.aspx?section=Installation

You can upload it anywhere you like there, e.g. wp-content/uploads/my-360s (see #6 in the link I shared).

Mr. Frog

Thanks, I'll give everything a read.

I figured to do one photo per degree should make a smooth 360 spin, so 720 should be even better, lol. What do you suggest to be the optimal number of shots in a 360 capture to get a smooth and detailed spin?