Catalina Support

frogdrops

Is anyone running the desktop webrotator software on Mac OSX catalina? I want to update and this is the only software I am worried about not running.

WebSupport

Hi! Yes, indeed... so far all reports and internal testing suggest that SpotEditor won't run on Catalina unfortunately. We're investigating :ugeek:

subre

Hi, how long will it take to make it run on Catalina. Unfortunately I urgently need to make the rotations. Do I have any alternatives?

WebSupport

Understood. The root of the problem is this issue with mono (a third-party module we're using) that can't yet support the new Catalina 64bit only restriction for certain functionality that we rely on. We're attempting to compile mono ourselves and fix the issue on our end which is quite tricky. Stay tuned...

https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/6701

WebSupport

Quick update! We plan to release our new SpotEditor for Mac as part of the upcoming v3.6.4 release in January. It's not the full rewrite that we're still working on for both Windows and Mac, but it's dramatically improved...

No more mono, XQuartz / X11 dependencies, simple one-click secure installation, much better output image quality, fast UI with features that were not on Mac for years. And it works on Catalina.. :cool:

frogdrops

WebSupport said:
Quick update! We plan to release our new SpotEditor for Mac as part of the upcoming v3.6.4 release in January. It's not the full rewrite that we're still working on for both Windows and Mac, but it's dramatically improved...

No more mono, XQuartz / X11 dependencies, simple one-click secure installation, much better output image quality, fast UI with features that were not on Mac for years. And it works on Catalina.. :cool:

Yes! Super excited, thank you guys!

WebSupport

Hi folks, all is left now is signing the installation with our Apple certificate. This would prevent the error on first launch that it's from an "unidentified developer".

We're waiting for the Apple certificate but if you don't mind that error message that can be quickly alleviated under System Security & Privacy we can send you the new software now upon request (request here). Otherwise, we expect another couple of days until it's signed.

Here's a screenshot using Catalina's dark theme :cool:

360 product view creator on Mac.png

WebSupport

Released!

https://www.webrotate360.com/blog/2020/new-spoteditor-for-mac-with-catalina-support-is-now-released-in-v-3-6-4.aspx