chrome issue (not local files)

comart

I'm having an issue getting the 360 viewer to work work with chrome (this is not due to the issue with loading local files). You can see the problem here: [url removed]/test/shoe%20test.html It works fine in firefox but in chrome the shoe does not rotate, it jumps about 45 degrees at a time.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Chad

WebSupport

Hi Chad, the issue is due to the HTTP headers that your test server is sending to the browser - it instructs the browser to not cache jpg, etc images. Chrome treats this literally and requests the same images from your server over and over again as you rotate the product which is the delay you experienced. Firefox would also do the same after some time of inactivity. Usually you would want your web server to pass the HTTP headers that request caching for the images but maybe because you have a dev sub domain there you purposely turned that off?

Since you are using Appache, here's a sample of what you would need to add to your .htaccess to start caching the images which will fix the issue:

<FilesMatch "\.(jpg|jpeg|png)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=172800, public"
ExpiresDefault "access plus 2 months"
</FilesMatch>

Header unset ETag
FileETag None

<FilesMatch "\.(jpg|jpeg|png)$">
Header unset Last-Modified
</FilesMatch>

comart

Thank you for the amazingly quick response! I love your product and that fixed it.

I created the test subdomain specifically to test out this issue and didn't alter anything from the default (my host is dreamhost); so that's interesting.

Chad