Enabling the Joomla plugin breaks my website

GChambers

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed the Joomla plugin. When I enable it however, it breaks my entire website, with the following error being displayed wnenever you try to access the home page:

500 - JHtml: :jquery not supported. File not found.

This is even before I get to setting up the plugin parameters or entering any shortcode content to display spins.
My Joomla version is 2.5.19 and I have several other extensions installed that are using jquery sucessfully.

Regards,
Gordon Chambers.

WebSupport

Hi Gordon, thanks for this. We will test & fix it on 2.5.x asap and confirm here.

PS: Joomla is saying on their website that they will end support for 2.5 in about a month (Dec 2014) so we only tested the plugin on 3.x with an assumption that most folks have either moved on or plan to upgrade shortly.

GChambers

Thanks very much for the fix and update, I'll give that a try. Yes Joomla 2.5 support will end very soon - which means another tedious port of my website to V3.0 (It was only a year ago I spent several weeks porting from 1.5 to 2.5). I'm beginning to wish I'd never chosen Joomla as my CMS as the maintenance overhead is so high... :(

GChambers

Hi,

Thanks for the Joomla 2.5 fix - that has solved the original problem, and I can now embed spins in my content using the wr360embed shortcodes.However I'm now encountering 2 other problems; firstly, full screen mode does not seem to work at all, I've tested it using a spin that I had previously embedded via an iFrame but now when I click the full screen button, nothing happens?

Secondly, I can't seem to get the wr360popup shortcodes to work? When I click on the text link, a popup window opens and the 3 'loading' indicators appear but the spin itself never loads. Do I need to purchase and install the prettyPhoto module in order to get this to work?

Thanks,
Gordon.

WebSupport

Hi Gordon,

For the full-screen to work, please drop your license.lic into any folder or root of your Joomla server and then use the plugin settings page to specify the location of license.lic on your web server via License Path. Please also unzip and copy imagerotator.js that we just sent you via email to /plugins/content/webrotate360/imagerotator/html/js.

The issue with the three loading bars usually indicate that the 360 product viewer can't find config xml file supplied in the shortcode config parameter. If you could possibly send us a link to your Joomla test page via email or paste here, we should be able to pinpoint the exact issue quickly (the popups work for us here on clean 2.5).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

GChambers

Hi,

The new imagerotator.js has fixed the problem with the full screen display - thank you.
I have PM'd you (WebSupport) with login details to my site in order to help pinpoint the popup problem; with the same subject line as this forum post.

Regards,
Gordon.

WebSupport

Hi Gorgon, this was a tough one :) it's the first time this issue ever came up with our plugins.. It's not specific to Joomla. Our WordPress 360 product viewer would do the same if it was running on your Apache server with the same configuration. The issue and solution are summarized on this page:

http://tkurek.blogspot.com/2013/06/252f ... pache.html

In short, your server has at least one URL rewrite rule configured to strip off ".html" from the page URLs. The rewrite rule in Apache "double-encodes" slash symbols (/) in the URLs we use for launching the popups with 360 product views and it breaks the URLs as shown in the linked post. This may also affect other functions in your Joomla setup (not sure).

Do you have access to your .htaccess where the Apache rewrite rule is configured to make the small adjustment as per the link above? We can assist with this if needed.