How to make it download img from 2 or 3 different domains?

kent

Hi, I am using the webrotate 360 on Wordpress.
I know that by setting the "rootpath" in the shortcode it can guide the browser to download images from the "rootpath" of another domain.

Currently I am setting up domain sharding for our website.
And I'm wondering if there is a way to separate the images in 2 or 3 domains so that the browsers can download the images simultaneously.

For example, I have 100 img to be downloaded. How to download img_01-img_50 from domain_A, while download img_51-img_100 from domain_B ?

WebSupport

Hi!

We don't have a built-in support for something like this (yet) but we have seen folks do the following that can help:

If you specify an absolute URL for the images in the webrotate viewer xml file (vs relative that we put there by default) and then set your rootpath parameter as as a single empty space, it will load the product images via the absolute path such that you could have your XML files with the image URLs pointing to other servers as your described.

Don't know if this works for you or not..

The other option that comes to mind is to load the images yourself in your own script as needed (while showing your custom progress, etc) and then launch the 3D product viewer as before - since the images would have been cached by then (if you server's HTTP headers are correctly configured), it will be almost instantaneous.