html file from desktop to Firefox, not showing images

krsmith

Hello. I've just started using WebRotate 360, and my test files located on my desktop have generally gone great so far. I've looked at my files in Chrome (after adding the line to the target in properties), Internet Explorer, and Edge. In those three browsers it works perfectly, rotates smoothly, and there are no hiccups.

However, when I open it in Firefox 68.0.2, The image is just a blank space. If I mouse over where it should be, I can see the cursor turning into a hand, but there is no image being displayed.

Javascript is enabled in Firefox, and I'm not sure what else to look for. Is there a similar line I should be adding to the target in properties for Firefox?

WebSupport

Hi, thanks for the detailed explanation of the issue.

Yes, Firefox 68 that was released recently broke the offline viewing (when the 360 product views are accessed over the Internet or via a local web server, it works good as always). Luckily, offline viewing can be re-enabled in Firefox 68 as follows:

• Open Firefox.
  • In the address bar type in about:config
  • You will see a message, warning that changing anything there may be harmful.
  • Confirm that you accept the risk to proceed.
  • A new page now opens where you can change Firefox configuration.
  • In the search bar at the top of this page type in privacy.
  • Find this option in the filtered list privacy.file_unique_origin
  • Click it until it displays as false as per attached screenshot.

firefox68.png

We will be updating the software and the documentation to reflect this change in Firefox.

Let us know if any issues!

krsmith

WebSupport said:
Hi, thanks for the detailed explanation of the issue.

Yes, Firefox 68 that was released recently broke the offline viewing (when the 360 product views are accessed over the Internet or via a local web server, it works good as always). Luckily, offline viewing can be re-enabled in Firefox 68 as follows:

• Open Firefox.
  • In the address bar type in about:config
  • You will see a message, warning that changing anything there may be harmful.
  • Confirm that you accept the risk to proceed.
  • A new page now opens where you can change Firefox configuration.
  • In the search bar at the top of this page type in privacy.
  • Find this option in the filtered list privacy.file_unique_origin
  • Click it until it displays as false as per attached screenshot.

We will be updating the software and the documentation to reflect this change in Firefox.

Let us know if any issues!

This worked perfectly. Thank you! We're looking forward to using WebRotate 360 on our new website. The fact that you guys have existing plugins for a bunch of popular platforms is great.