IE v11 - Viewer not working

glowman

Hi. I have tested my embedded code with Chrome, FF and IE however in IE (v11.0.21) the code does not function correctly
In one instance it loads but won't rotate, In another instance it hangs a 99% during loading. When used locally as a test browser it works fine. Any ideas?

WebSupport

Hi! We would need to see your online tests to comment. Usually what happens with IE browsers is that they would halt further JavaScript execution if there are any JavaScript errors on a page (coming from any script) and it may affect viewer script as well. Other browsers don't do that.

glowman

Update - I've whittled it down to the presence of the 'Google TAG Manager' code in the header. No matter where it is placed relatively, it still buggers up the image rotator. Looking to see if I can work around this as the tag manager is a really useful facility. Have you come across this before on IE11?

WebSupport

Nobody has reported anything related to Google Tag manager so far..

If you can send us your test URL, we should be able to help.

cyrilmartinez33

Hello, i have the same issue on IE (loads -> 99%) and blocks. OK on Chrome, FFF, Safari.
Here is an example : urbanartbx.wpengine.com/360-2/

Thank you for help,

WebSupport

Hi Cyril,

Your wordpress plugin seems to have a mix of our v3.6 beta viewer script and older css stylesheets from version v3.5 of our 3D product viewer. This mix up is causing the trouble in IE (you can see the issue right away as there's no progress animation other than the unstyled progress numbers).

If you need to use v3.6 script in your WordPress, please either copy the complete imagerotator folder from your published SpotEditor v3.6 output to /wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/ or just install our updated WordPress plugin from here (it includes all required v3.6 scripts and stylesheets):

http://www.webrotate360.com/Blog/post/N ... ation.aspx

I hope it helps! Let us know if not.

cyrilmartinez33

Thank You
The Wordpress plugin has been updated.

Now, the popup version is OK on IE :D
but the embed is still blocking (sometimes, no progression at all, sometimes blocks at 99%) :roll:

I've created a new page with the original 360° views and the 2 following shortcodes
urbanartbx.wpengine.com/tetst-360/

[wr360embed name="view01" width="100%" height="500px" config="/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/360_assets/sampleshoe/config.xml"] -> KO on IE

[wr360popup name="view02" width="650px" height="500px" config="/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/360_assets/sampleshoe/config.xml"]your thumbnail image or text[/wr360popup] -> Works

The issue still only appears under IE (no problem with FF or Chrome, both popup and embed are rotating)

WebSupport

On further review (now that our script versions match each other! :) ), it looks like your WP theme is overwriting the same javascript object we use and / or create to determine browser capabilities (jQuery.browser) and specifically whether browser is IE or not. This messes up embedded 3D product views where your WP theme's scripts are present, i.e it doesn't affect the popup because we use iFrame inside the popups so your theme's scripts don't load there.

A workaround that we believe should fix it for your theme is to check "I'm using images with opacity" on the WebRotate 360 Settings form in your WordPress admin (somewhere at the bottom) - this will disable a piece of code that shouldn't be loading in IE but still does in your WordPress theme.

Please confirm if it helps!