Image size with Amazon S3

Margo

Hi,

I started using Amazon S3 service to upload my 360 images. Tried to put those on my webpage. The problem is sizing. How can I make it smaller? Here is my try... http://www.margomangli.com/test the smaller view window is smaller but the image itself is as big as the bigger one.
Also I can't upload anything via ftp to this server margomangli.com
Do I have to upload the sharing script http://www.webrotate360.com/360_integra ... g_v1.0.zip somewhere?

Thanks
Margo

WebSupport

Hi Margo,

Just to summarize, it looks like both 360 product views on your page use iFrame embedding which is basically a small window with a different page loaded inside. The size of the window is set inside an iFrame element and it is currently set to 335 x 250 in your first example and 670 x 500 in the second. Since both point to the same 360 product view (hosted on different servers), the first one is clipping off.

A few options:

• Change the size of the first iFrame accordingly (I believe this is not what you are asking but just in case..).
  • Sharing script you mentioned can help as it dynamically resizes the view inside an iFrame according to iFrame's dimensions (if you need this flexibility as you can always just use the option 1 above).
  • It's better to not use iFrames at all where possible and integrate the viewer scripts directly (loading images from Amazon S3 is possible in this case as well with your PRO license). Do you want us to help with this?

Can you possibly send us a test FTP account to support at webrotate360 dot com so we could test the FTP uploads?

Margo

Thank you for the answer. The problem is that I don't have an option to use FTP with this account and domain. It's made with zenfolio.com platform. I do have other site ad access to ftp so maybe I can create my 360 photo site there and make it viewable in margomangli.com site? Where can I send you test ftp logins?

WebSupport

Hi Margo, I meant your WebRotate's PRO license that I believe you have, i.e you don't need any specific Amazon S3 licensing or account for what I described above.

I understand now that you are using Zenfolio for your website and they don't give you FTP access.. Do you know if they allow including your own Javascript files so we could potentially integrated the viewer directly without iFrame?

Margo

Yes I have Webrotate PRO licence. Just contacted zenfolio and got this answer, also tried one script and I think it might work...

Trevor:
Some javascript is supported on custom pages. (of course it depends on what the script is trying to do)

Custom Pages are a blank slate. With the exception of elements displayed on your entire site, such as the Header and Footer, the entire content area of the custom page is available for you to display your information.

You are free to create the entire content on the page through our built in Custom Page interface, or by manual coding the HTML code of the content area of the page. While you do have the option to manually code your pages, the code itself cannot be supported though our customer support.
Trevor:
For more on custom pages, visit: http://www.zenfolio.com/z/help/support- ... ?b_id=3410

WebSupport

That sounds encouraging, Margo. Would you like us to try to integrate a test product as an example in your Zenfolio account using either the direct script (if possible) or our the sharing script to make it scalable?

Margo

Yes that would be excellent. Yes I want it to be scalable to publish different sizes. Thank you.

WebSupport

Sure, no problem! Please send us temp login to your zenfolio site so we could work on it (support at webrotate360 dot com).

WebSupport

Hi Margo, we did manage to integrate webrotate 360 product viewer into Zenfolio directly :cool:

Here's a test URL under your Zenfolio site: http://www.margomangli.com/webrotate

We added some comments into the source of the test page. Please click the Source button in the page editor to see how it was done and the comments and let us know if any questions!

Zenfolio has a bug in the source view, so after your click the Source button for the first time, close page editor right away without saving the page, then select Edit for the same page again to see correct formatting of the scripts and comments under the source view.

PS: You will see that the actual product images were uploaded to your FTP but they could be as well uploaded to Amazon S3, etc.

Attachments

• 5-10-2015 7-21-54 PM.png
    5-10-2015 7-21-54 PM.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 2,522