Images are upside down (even if I select 'do not rotate')

AlmereHoutwerk

Good day,
I have the new version of your software 5.0 and I am trying it out for the first time. There is something happening that has never happened before in the previous 4.0 software.

After uploading the images, which are all like they should, the software rotates all images, so they are upside down. During the selection of the pictures I also tried to select 'Do not rotate' in Advanced settings and also Rotate 180 degrees to see if that changes anything, but it is still upside down.

Please share how I can turn the images to their normal position, because I cannot find this in the user guide, other forum posts or online.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mirna from Almere Houtwerk

Attachments

• Scherm­afbeelding 2023-11-13 om 21.23.11.png
    Scherm­afbeelding 2023-11-13 om 21.23.11.png
    924.3 KB · Views: 2

AlmereHoutwerk

Here you go. I had to reduce the size to upload it. Normally the image is 1.7MB. You can also find the specs in the screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_7955.JPG
    IMG_7955.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Scherm­afbeelding 2023-11-14 om 08.01.31.png
    Scherm­afbeelding 2023-11-14 om 08.01.31.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 1

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, may I ask you to put it into a zip archive instead as it looks like it has been already rotated by forum software?

Attachments

• 2023-11-14_11-19-48.png
    2023-11-14_11-19-48.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 1

AlmereHoutwerk

Hi ForumAdmin, the picture in my last post is the actual picture that I took. You can see in my first post, that it is upside down when I upload it to the software. It is a different picture, but the same settings and not rotated by the software

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Can you put it in a zip archive instead please and share the archive, as when you share it as-is via forum, it (forum software) auto-rotates it automatically and it simply works when we download it and import into the webrotate software.

Putting it in a zip would ensure the image remains unchanged and we can try to reproduce the issue then.

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
The last image does show the issue as expected, as the camera was in portrait mode when the 360 product photography was produced.

Selecting 180-degrees on the New Project form under "Rotate images" as per the screenshot does correctly auto-rotate the images on import.

2023-11-15_10-13-24.png

AlmereHoutwerk

Thanks for sharing, I have tried that before without succes. The images were still upside down, even when I selected 180 clockwise. Next to that, I have checked all pictures on my iPhone and none are taken with Portrait Mode on. Is there anything else that can fix this please? I have also uploaded the pictures upside down without the 180 clockwise selection and with the 180 clockwise selection, and both tests had the result that the images were upside down. Thank you

Last edited: