Images not loading

danbcheney

I've downloaded the free WebRotate 360 product to test and try out the concept before purchasing. I've loaded my sample shots into the Spot Editor v3.0 and it seems to run fine in that interface. But when I publish the project, it brings up my browser (Chrome) and acts like it's loading but never displays any image. I've let it set for 10 minutes and it still doesn't load. There are 39 images at 800px X 530px resolution for a total of 2.5 mb of images. What else can I look at to determine why this won't work in my browser?

Attachments

• ScreenShot015.jpg
    ScreenShot015.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 2,906

WebSupport

Hi Dan, please check out this post on our blog for a workaround. This is a local security feature of Chrome when loading 360 views from your local hard-drive. Once the 360 product images are served from the Internet or via your local web server, it works as-is without issues in all browsers including Chrome.

http://www.webrotate360.com/Blog/post/L ... puter.aspx

New version of SpotEditor will have this fixed such that it would launch Chrome with the extra param.

danbcheney

I went to the shortcut properties and added the additional parameter to the Target field and got the following error.

Attachments

• ScreenShot016.jpg
    ScreenShot016.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,898

WebSupport

Try updating your link in the target field such that the flag goes after the closing comma:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --allow-file-access-from-files

This should work I think.. probably some OS difference in the way explorer open command works with that target field.

danbcheney

That didn't work either, so I opened it in Firefox instead and it works there. That'll do for testing the viewer in a browser for now.

Thank you for your help.