Is 360thumb image a limitation of Free Version?

dyulo

Hi All,

When I enabled In Popup mode, the Main image is replaced with 360thumb image but the popup works.
When I disabled In Popup mode, the actual 360 image that I created shows as my main image.
My question is, is this normal for free mode? Because I'd like to use the In Popup mode and at the same time keep my main image active and not be replaced by 360thumb image. Hoping for your quick response as I'm currently testing it and I'm planning to buy it if I'm satisfied with the results.

WebSupport

Hi, it's not a limitation of the free version.

Please check the value of Popup Gallery dropdown in webrotate module settings in your admin. Is it "disabled"?

Also, depending on a template you use, our product vqmod (vqmod_webrotate360_def_product.xml) may not be able to integrate into the product gallery under the main product image automatically, so it uses an HTML element with #wr360embed or some custom id or class you gave it under Placeholder field to integrate the 360 product view in either embedded or popup mode. Which you may have configured to be the main product image.

dyulo

Okay, I think I already fixed my current issue and the main image is now showing.
But If I click on the main image, it loads a popup and it shows the main image as 1st image of the slide and the actual 360 view image as 2nd.
Is this normal? Can it only show the 360 view only on popup rather than including the main image as 1st image of the slide?

WebSupport

Yes, this is an expect behavior in the popup mode in that the main image may require popup zooming (as it would be the case without the 360 product view integration) and 360 is a separate "thumbnail" that behave as other gallery thumbnails in the gallery.

An alternative is to not use the popup mode and configure the module to embed in place of the main image.

dyulo

Is there a workaround for this? So that If I click on the main image, it only shows the 360 image rather than behaving like another gallery thumbnail? I'd really like to use the popup mode.

WebSupport

You can potentially use the main image id (or class) in the Placeholder field in the webrotate module settings but it will likely interfere with the popup activation code of the native gallery (or may not, depending on webrotate's Popup Gallery setting and possibly other variables).