Loading a spin at a module position>

GChambers

Hi,

Is there any way to load a spin at a joomla module position?

The following shortcode works just fine when placed in an article, but when the same code is placed in a custom HTML module, the module literally just displays the text of the shortcode.

[wr360embed name="view01" width="auto" height="600px" config="../webrotate-360-product-viewer/PW90Yellow/360_assets/NewProject1/NewProject1.xml"]

Thanks.

WebSupport

Hi Gordon, we made it work today for the Custom HTML modules as well. Will retest everything on our Tue PST, release to JED and confirm here.

Please note that to make it work, you would need to set Prepare Content to yes on the custom html options tab. There's the same setting under the Basic Options in Joomla 2.5.

Attachments

• joomla_custom_html.png
    joomla_custom_html.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,265

GChambers

Thanks! I look forward to trying it out. I am currently migrating my website from Joomla 2.5 to 3.3 and the ability to place any content in modules is crucial to achiewing a modern responsive layout. So thank you again for responding to this request so quickly!

Gordon.

GChambers

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of the plugin from JED and have been trying it out. The spin now appears correctly positioned in the module and is fully functional (spin/zoom/ full screen etc.) I have found one bug however; my Joomla template has a ''floating" menu - i.e. when a web page is scrolled up, the menu stays put and the rest of the web page scrolls behind it. Except, when there is a module containing a spin, the spin appears over the top of the menu, rather than the other way round. The attached screenshot should help explain this a bit better. Basically the z-order of the menu and the spin seen to be the wrong way round and the spin is appearing over the top of the menu. For comparison, the other screenshot (without spin controls) shows the same module with a static image in it rather than a spin.

I'm using Firefox 35.0.1.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• menu.jpg
    menu.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 2,252
  • menu2.jpg
    menu2.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 2,252

WebSupport

Hi Gordon, thanks for confirming!

Regarding the issue at hand, we have a fixed z-index for 360 product images so they may appear above certain absolutely positioned elements on scroll depending on the z-index order as you mentioned, which is usually a simple fix in CSS. Would you like us to fix it in your template's CSS? If so, I'm not sure we still have your Joomla login (will check...)?

GChambers

Hi,

OK I understand. No, you won't have the relevant Joomla login as I'm developing the new version of this website on a local PC using an XAMPP stack, rather than on a public server.
However, if the fix consists of a simple class override that I can paste into my custom.css then you could possibly just PM me with the code and I'll paste it in? Alternately, the template is called Design Control from a company called shape5.com and it is a free template so if you want to download it to examine the code before suggesting the fix you can get it from their website - or I can send it to you (or the relevant portions of it).
Whilst I'm not a web developer as such, I'm happy to poke around the code using Firebug to try and identify where the changes need to be made.

Many thanks
Gordon.

GChambers

Update:

I've had a quick look at the code and made the following change to my custom.css which seems to work OK with no obvious side effects so far (will need more extensive testing though). Does this look reasonable to you:

#s5_menu_wrap.s5_wrap {
z-index:1000000000;
}

s5_menu_wrap is the outermost div that wraps the entire width & height of the menu bar. Interestingly, the sub-menu classes already had this z-index attribute applied.

Regards,
Gordon.

WebSupport

Hi Gordon, thanks for the update.

This looks fine, I think. Our z-index for images is somewhere at 2000-3000 and hotspots are 15000-16000, so you could probably go with 20000 for .s5_wrap as not sure how various browsers will treat 1 billion for z-index (I will still work I guess).