Missing Files?

wbd

Firstly, thanks for creating this extension - I expect it will be very useful for many future OpenCart projects.

The installation of the extension went smoothly and the instructions were clear enough. (I'm wondering, however, if the manual modification of the header.php file might be achieved by way of a vQmod modification? This would save having to manually edit the file.)

[EDIT] - :oops: I posted some information in here in haste... I believe I have made an error and will continue my testing, therefore some text here has been removed :oops: - [/EDIT]

Also, it appears that the 360WebRotate 'replaces' the main product image on the product page. This is OK for the time being, however I'd say there will definitely come a time when I this 'main product' image will still need to be displayed on the product page. (something to think about for future development, perhaps?)

Thanks,
Rohan

UPDATE
Still can resolve one issue. I am trying to use the included 'sampleshoe' example for my initial testing. However the images are not displaying (see removed/rf/leather-size5 - please note: this web address will NOT remain live forever, it is a test environment only and will be deleted once testing is complete).

When I first started using the WebRotate 360 software I noticed that a folder called imagerotator was created along with the 360_assets folder. Does this folder and its contents also need to be uploaded to the server?

I am unsure what setting I need for the 'Graphics Path' parameter in the Extension settings.

Cheers,
Rohan

WebSupport

Hi Rohan - thanks for your feedback! :)

1) We did consider vQmod in fact but the feeling was that requiring OpenCart users to download and install vQmod upfront was asking too much, comparing to adding a couple of lines to a single core file. Do you know if maybe most folks with OpenCart out there already have vQmode installed (maybe because there're so many extensions that use it already)?

2) Yes, it's a good point about replacing the main image with the 360 product view. In Magento we also have a viewer mode where we add an extra thumbnail to the gallery, which would launch a lightbox popup with a 360 view on click. Is this something you would want to see going forward? We just didn't have time to get this done in this initial extension release..

3) In your test 360 view, what the viewer is instructed to load per your module configuration is this file: removed/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml (which is expected per our readme), but this file can not be loaded, even if I paste this url directly in my browser. I think since your OpenCart installation seems to be under under /rf on your server you would need to change the config xml path to the following /rf/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml or use a full url with http and domain name.

4) You would only need to copy the actual folder located under 360_assets that our desktop software generates on Publish.

5) Graphics Path is only needed if you have a different location for the images that we use for hot-spot indicators and 360 viewer toolbar buttons. The path we show inside this field on module installation by default wouldn't need to change if you keep all viewer controls and hot-spot images as-is after module installation. Going forward this path will be used to switch additional viewer skins I believe.

I hope this helps! Please let us know.

wbd

Thanks for the detailed answers to my queries - much appreciated.

WebSupport":3k5a29no said:
1) We did consider vQmod in fact but the feeling was that requiring OpenCart users to download and install vQmod upfront was asking too much, comparing to adding a couple of lines to a single core file. Do you know if maybe most folks with OpenCart out there already have vQmode installed (maybe because there're so many extensions that use it already)?
I don't have any stats to back me up, but from my reading on the OpenCart forums, it does seem that vQmod is becoming a more popular way of installing & managing mods. From my experience, most people who use/prefer vQmod do so specifically because it does not alter core files.
In an ideal world (for OpenCart users) both options would be available and they would be free to choose either the vQmod option or the manual edit option.

2) Yes, it's a good point about replacing the main image with the 360 product view. In Magento we also have a viewer mode where we add an extra thumbnail to the gallery, which would launch a lightbox popup with a 360 view on click. Is this something you would want to see going forward? We just didn't have time to get this done in this initial extension release..
Yes, an (optional ?) extra thumbnail would be - for me at least - a feasible solution for a future release.

3) In your test 360 view, what the viewer is instructed to load per your module configuration is this file: removed/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml (which is expected per our readme), but this file can not be loaded, even if I paste this url directly in my browser. I think since your OpenCart installation seems to be under under /rf on your server you would need to change the config xml path to the following /rf/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml or use a full url with http and domain name.
Issue resolved, thanks to your assistance. :D
I used the relative path /rf/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml and this got it all working (see removed/rf/football/leather-size5).
An interesting thing to note, when I used the full URL (removed/rf/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml), instead of the relative path, the images did not load - not sure why this is happening.
To illustrate this, I have loaded the sample shoe data for the following product using the full URL for the Config File URL: removed/rf/football/leather-size3.

4) You would only need to copy the actual folder located under 360_assets that our desktop software generates on Publish.
All sorted - thanks!

5) Graphics Path is only needed if you have a different location for the images that we use for hot-spot indicators and 360 viewer toolbar buttons. The path we show inside this field on module installation by default wouldn't need to change if you keep all viewer controls and hot-spot images as-is after module installation. Going forward this path will be used to switch additional viewer skins I believe.
I understand how this works now - thanks.

NEW ITEMS
On my web page (removed/rf/football/leather-size4), the web rotate space shows a full screen icon in the control panel. However the link does not work (that is, nothing happens when I click this icon).
6) Not sure why the full screen link is not working.
7) Not sure why this full screen icon is even appearing - could it be something that I did in the Spot Editor without realising? (it was quite a while ago that I created the spinning football)

** Note for future readers of this post: web addresses referenced in this post will NOT remain live forever, they point to a test environment only and will be deleted once testing is complete.

WebSupport

Hi there,

1) Regarding full path URL not working it's due to www at the front for the xml config file in your module settings and then you're accessing the page without www. This is browser security kicking in for ajax xml loading as it treats it as a cross domain call. It would not be an issue if you had your store URLs resolve to the same domain (with or without www), but then you can always specify it as relative in the module setting so it wouldn't be an issue then.

2) When you used our desktop software for 360 viewer creation, it had full-screen option enabled by default (which was obsolete when not using Flash mode). But with this OpenCart integration we bundled our latest stable 360 product viewer (v3.5) which has full-screen support in javascript mode, but :) we are still considering whether to make full-screen available in the Free version (unlikely at this point), so it's not doing anything when you click on it. You can hide this button by going to your viewer xml config and setting showFullscreenButton="false" or by modifying it via SpotEditor.

3) Thanks for your input so far, Rohan - we will incorporate these ideas into our next OpenCart iteration.

wbd

1) Thanks for the info regarding full URLs - although I will almost certainly use relative paths (and so shouldn't have any problems), it's good to know the reasoning behind the issues.

2) I've found the "Show full-screen button" checkbox in Spot Editor so this shouldn't cause any issues for me - thanks. (might have to purchase PRO in case I need to utilise full-screen in the future ;) )

3) Happy to help. Thanks for creating the extension!