Module erroring in several configuration settings

walterdolce

Hi,

One of our clients decided to use your Magento extension to provide to her users a 360 view of the products purchasable on the store. As you require a PRO license to pull images out of a CDN, we bought one and the module is now seemingly correctly configured: it's setup to use the Ad-Hoc integration, I can see the 360 icon and I can trigger the 360 loader.

I was about to test the integration by showing a couple of images only but apparently your module get stuck in something. It loads and loads without ever displaying anything.

This is the config.xml set to the product I'm testing the integration under:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
  <settings>
    <preloader image="image/upload/image1" />
    <userInterface showZoomButtons="true" showToolTips="true" showHotspotsButton="true" showFullScreenButton="false" showTogglePlayButton="true" showArrows="true" toolbarAlign="center" toolbarBackColor="#FFFFFF" toolbarHoverColor="#808285" toolbarForeColor="#A7A9AE" toolbarBackAlpha="0.9" toolbarAlpha="1" flashEmbedFonts="true" progressLoopColor="#e8e8e8" progressNumColor="#949494" />
    <control dragSpeed="0.13" maxZoom="200" inBrowserFullScreen="true" maxZoomFullScreen="200" fullScreenStretch="100" doubleClickZooms="true" disableMouseControl="false" reverseScroll="false" hideHotspotsOnLoad="true"/>
    <rotation firstImage="33" rotate="false" rotatePeriod="7" rotateDirection="-1" bounce="false" useInertia="true"/>
  </settings>
  <images highresWidth="500" highresHeight="500">
    <image src="image/upload/image1">
      <highres src="image/upload/image1" />
    </image>
  </images>
</config>

As you can see I kept everything as the example config.xml provided by the Magento module itself, I've just stripped out hotspots, etc so to keep just a couple of images. But it never loads.

Could you please provide more info and a detailed documentation about the config.xml ?

Thanks in advance.

walterdolce

Also, if I try to enable the default hotspots definition from your example config.xml, I get a Javascript error popping in the console log.

Code:
ERR Exception: Cannot read property 'F' of undefined

So it seems that your module can't handle specific configuration settings.

Note that here I don't want any hotspot to be displayed.

walterdolce

After a little bit of debugging I got it working without any complain from Javascript with the following config.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
  <settings>
  </settings>
  <hotspots>
    <hotspot disabled="true">
    </hotspot>
  </hotspots>
  <images highresWidth="1200" highresHeight="791">
    <image src="image/upload/my/image1">
      <hotspot source="spot3" offsetX="97" offsetY="150" />
      <highres src="image/upload/my/image1" />
    </image>
    <image src="image/upload/my/image2">
      <hotspot source="spot3" offsetX="97" offsetY="150" />
      <highres src="image/upload/my/image2" />
    </image>
  </images>
</config>

WebSupport

Hi Walter and thanks for your detailed info and for going PRO!

We currently don't encourage folks changing XML manually in hopes that SpotEditor software makes this quite more convenient (even for creating a template xml for multiple products). We also don't document the xml format as it can get pretty involved when it comes to hotspots and newer features and the manual process is error-prone, while the software will always output valid / tested xml and it's simple to use and you can preview any change immediately on publish in SpotEditor.

What happened in your test which you fixed in your debugging as per your last message was that this empty element is required in xml even when hotspots are not present:

Code:
<hotspots>
</hotspots>

Please let us know if you need any assistance with your Magento setup.