Not working

atomic

Hi.

I've gone through every thread here on the same issue and still unable to get this working.

Code:
atomic.co.za/siroccon/projects
atomic.co.za/siroccon/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/360_assets/building/config.xml

shortcode:

Code:
[wr360embed name="building" width="100%" height="450px" config="/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/360_assets/building/config.xml"]

I have also tried modifying the config to
Code:
/atomic.co.za/siroccon/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/360_assets/building/config.xml
which did not result in any change.

Running WP v4.1.1 and plugin v2.5.1

WebSupport

Hi atomic!

Try changing your config to the following as your WP install where the shortcode lives is under siroccon I think, and /wp-content... is likely interpreted by your webserver as root / wp-content of your main website (i.e atomic.co.za).

Code:
/siroccon/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/360_assets/building/config.xml

or you can also use an absolute URL for your test:

Code:
http://atomic.co.za/siroccon/wp-content/plugins/webrotate-360-product-viewer/360_assets/building/config.xml

If this doesn't help, please include a link to your page with the shortcode.

PS: please note that if you will be installing a new version of the plugin sometime later, all files including 360 assets will be deleted by WordPress upon upgrade so we advise to store them outside of the plugin folder.

atomic

Thank you so much, that worked perfectly.

I'll bear this in mind for future implementations.

And I'll be purchasing PRO shortly. Excellent product all round!

atomic

By the way, I tried the absolute URL and it did not work in this case :)

It seems the plugin prefers a relative path.

WebSupport

Thanks for confirming, atomic. I'm glad it worked! :)

PS: absolute URL was probably blocked by browser due to same-origin security. Relative URLs are always better this way as browsers do not apply same-origin policy to them (e.g, two URLs with www and without www pointing to the same file are treated as "different origin", so if a website doesn't redirect by default to www for example, an absolute URL without www pointing to the same file will not work).

PS2: we will be moving this thread under WordPress forum below in the next couple of days as folks there may find it helpful.

atomic

Thanks.

It might be prudent to include a note in the documentation around this. Would have saved me half an hour which, in development, is very billable.

Again, you have a customer. Thank you for the excellent support. On a Saturday to boot.