Pre-Loading highres images

amberatcastact

Hello,
We are beginning to implement WebRotate 360 on our website and I have noticed some trouble when we zoom in. It seems to only be loading the one high res image when the zoom button is clicked. So if you use the arrows you have wait at each arrow click for the image to load, and this also means that zoomed in play back doesn't work because the code is moving on to the next image before it has time to load.

I have taken a screen capture video the help illustrate the problem (no sound): http://screencast.com/t/qgybbX6ynIkn
And the link to the example product is: http://casual-tactical.mybigcommerce.co ... -22lr-3-4/

So I am wondering if there is way to pre-load the high-res images without bogging down the whole page?

Also, we can't seem to get the full screen button to work. Could you please help me troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Amber

WebSupport

Hi Amber,

Couple of quick comments:

1) We don't preload high-res images for this reason exactly as these 3D product images can be 50-100mb total and we wouldn't want this to happen while the rest of the page is being loaded.

2) From what I see on your page, there's a more glaring issue with the high-res zooming which is likely caused by your custom BigCommerce skin / css where the image jumps to the left on zoom and small white box remains inside the 3D product viewer until high-res is fully loaded. Without this issue, I think the high-res zooming would look & work much better. We can help fixing this in your CSS or theme files.

3) You can recreate your 3D sample without high-res image option by unchecking "Create an extra set of small fitted images..." on the Publish form in SpotEditor. This removes the second set of fitted images and will load high-res images right away so zooming would be instant.

Let us know what you think.

amberatcastact

Thank you for getting back to me. I would really appreciate your help with fixing our CSS/theme files to make the zoom-in work better. Where should we start with that?

Thank you again for you help,
Amber

WebSupport

Please send us temp login to your BC admin to support at webrotate360 dot com and we will investigate asap.

WebSupport

It's support at webrotate360 dot com :)

Please replace at with @ and dot with . and remove spaces. Just trying to reduce spam..