Problems Loading WebRotate 360 Joomla 2.5

Alex

Hi there¡¡

I installed WebRotate in a Joomla 2.5 site, installed the plug in, installed the SpotEditor Software, made my own 360 image, launched it correctly locally, but when I try to publish either the sample file (SampleShoe) or my own file, it wont load (Gets stuck at the 3 bars and white box). Im using a costum HTML module and using the source editor to enter the code:

[wr360embed name="view01" width="100%" height="500px" config="/360-assets/sampleshoe/config.xml"]

to load the sample file. And using the code:

[wr360embed name="view01" width="100%" height="500px" config="/360_assets/SonoScreenST10/SonoScreenST10.xml"]

for my own file.

Im not sure what im doing wrong, any help would be appreciated :)

loading.PNG

- Alex

WebSupport

Looks like you removed the shortcode from this page. Please confirm.

PS: we would need to see this page or some test page with the shortcode present so we could troubleshoot :cool:

Alex

WebSupport":1woabe0r said:
Looks like you removed the shortcode from this page. Please confirm.

PS: we would need to see this page or some test page with the shortcode present so we could troubleshoot :cool:

Seems that the other posts are gone for some reason. Still the same problem with the shortcode changes (the directory of the files).

Maybe another suggestion?. Thanks in advance.

WebSupport

Hi, this is strange! :? I did reply here a week ago about the invisible <span></span> characters that you copy/pasted from the forum post (which is also missing) with the config xml URL. I don't see this post now for some reason..

Please just switch to the text / raw html view in your Joomla admin on this page and remove wrapping <span> </span> from the config param.

Alex

WebSupport":3phrjejo said:
Hi, this is strange! :? I did reply here a week ago about the invisible <span></span> characters that you copy/pasted from the forum post (which is also missing) with the config xml URL. I don't see this post now for some reason..

Please just switch to the text / raw html view in your Joomla admin on this page and remove wrapping <span> </span> from the config param.

This solved it¡¡¡ Thank you¡¡. One last question, it is possible to use other type of 360 image (out of the webrotate360 software) with the webrotate module in Joomla. Like an html file with css configurations?. Not sure if I'm being clear enough. nonetheless I'm very happy with the results¡¡¡ :D

WebSupport

I'm glad it worked!

You can change the CSS skins in the plugin settings in admin (they match the SpotEditor ones) but the rest of the integration is sort of fixed to match Joomla's inner workings. What would you like to achieve beyond what's available in the plugin right now? :ugeek:

Alex

WebSupport":39aa5qkz said:
I'm glad it worked!

You can change the CSS skins in the plugin settings in admin (they match the SpotEditor ones) but the rest of the integration is sort of fixed to match Joomla's inner workings. What would you like to achieve beyond what's available in the plugin right now? :ugeek:

I have a 360 image web file, but with instead of a .xml file to load it.This personal file, only has a .html. Can I use this to load the 360 image?. Or maybe generate the .xml out of the .html one?. Thanks in advance.

WebSupport

I think you can simply upload your published folder with the html file and the rest of the files and folders that SpotEditor creates there on publish to your Joomla FTP and then use the URL of the uploaded html file somewhere else as needed.

For example, you can then embed it somewhere else (another website or page) via iframe like this:

<iframe src="url-of-the-uploaded-html.html" width="500" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen/>

Does this make sense?