Recommended workflow for 3d renderings?

jhill

Do you have any recommended workflows for specific 3d software? I use 3dsmax and I'm testing various scripts. It would be awesome to see a tutorial or read some recommendations of scripts to use or process to follow.

WebSupport

Unfortunately, we don't have such recommendations yet.. If you could share some references to the 3dsmax scripts you tried, it would be really helpful.

jhill

I've tried several found on scriptspot.com. Here are my current results:

1. VR-sphere-render
This one won't work at all. It only renders in vertical rows which your software doesn't understand. You end up with a mixed up project. I haven't been able to change that so I dropped this one.

2. hoha-turntable-script
This one does horizontal rows but only in a hemisphere. I'm no programmer so I contacted the author and he might release a new version that will handle an entire sphere with some options. Until then...

3. I decided to build my own rig using splines as my rows and linking a camera to it. I then batch render each camera. I'm currently experimenting with that. My plan is to have a standard 3ds max scene rig that I will share with everyone. More to come.

One question for you, does the demo have any limitations? When I go full-screen with Chrome, it's a blank screen. Just curious. Once I get a successful rig built and tested I plan to purchase this software.

Thanks

WebSupport

Thanks so much for the details! Interesting...

Yes, the free version doesn't support full-screen currently (more details).

PS: if you manage to come up with your own turntable script and share with us (i.e our users here) with some instructions, we would be happy to send you a 50% discount :)

WebSupport

Here's our recent blog post that links to a 3d max video tutorial, which covers rendering both simple single-row 360 product images as well as two-row 3d product spins as per the demo in the post:

https://www.webrotate360.com/blog/2020/how-to-create-photorealistic-webrotate-360-product-views-in-3ds-max-and-v-ray.aspx