Refuses to install on OSX High Sierra

stuart_hatch

When installing Spot Editor I receive the error message 'WebRotate 360 SpotEditor requires Mono Framework version 2.10.9 build 12. Select Download to install this framework and then restart SpotEditor.’

I’ve downloaded MonoFramework-MDK-2.10.9_12.macos10.xamarin.x86.dmg from the provided link, followed the installation instructions and restarted the machine.

However, when I go to open the SpotEditor application, I receive the same error message asking me to download Mono Framework. I’ve attempted this installation several times and it will not work. This software is required urgently, please can you advise if there is a fix for this as soon as possible, please?

WebSupport

Hi Stuart, there's a readme.txt file inside the zip that you have downloaded - you would have to follow all steps in the readme, including the extra steps in the linked URL there at the top to get it fully installed. It's not the easiest, unfortunately (...we're working on a native Mac release!) so if you have a Windows machine or a virtual Windows on your Mac, it's flawless there.

milajki

Hi I have this exact same problem installing on my OSX HIgh Sierra. I have followed all the steps many times and no luck. Any help appreciated pls!

WebSupport

Hi, can you please describe what you see when you launch SpotEditor on your Mac after following the steps in the "linked URL" above in the thread?