Second 3D viewer doesn't load

WebSupport

So here's another possibility. Your hosting guys can limit the number of concurrent image requests by the same client (ie browser), which would also explain it especially since it's always at the end of the 360 image loading (94-97%) and it doesn't happen after most of the images are cached on further retries. And we do load them concurrently... to speed things up. I guess this is the most likely cause. Please try reducing the number of images to 30-2x and retry and if this helps you can go back to GoDaddy and see if they can help with the limitation.

Here's a post closer to the bottom (second from the bottom as of right now) that talks about the same issue due to concurrent request limitation on Apache / Linux .

http://serverfault.com/questions/237419 ... g-requests

randygeske

Had a 45 minute conversation with Godaddy tech support. They are patient and try to be very helpful! I threw some ideas at him and he even read over this forum. He tested my wordpress installation and said it is better than 99 percent of wordpress installations. Did tests on the server that my stuff is on. Server is great.

He said there isn't any setting for concurrent image requests to be modified. He wasn't able to replicate the loading problem when he tested my page in a couple of browsers on his end. Said he isn't on any special connection to the server. He didn't think the problem was with my Cox, my internet service provider or my router. Besides, I had the same problem on my phone with WIFI turned off and a 4G connection.

I tried again and reduced the number of images to 30 and then 20 and still get the same stall at 92%-97% on multiple browsers. Last time in Firefox it stalled at 50%. Very weird!

Is there anything different between the paid plug-in and the free plug-in that might be causing the problem? Anything different between the servers we are on?

Thanks again for sticking with me. Hope we can still figure it out!
-Randy

WebSupport

Interesting. The screenshot in the thread above shows a very simple picture though - it's a network activity captured by the Chrome browser at the moment when the viewer was stuck at 97% and it showed that one of the requested images was not being returned by your web server. The 360 viewer doesn't have any server modules to intercept any kind of image requests nor does your WordPress setup I believe.

So it comes down to how the Apache web server operates as far as we can tell right now (ie number of concurrent connections, other people's websites on the same shared server etc). For example, sometimes I see that it's not some 360 image that gets stuck on that test post but a small button graphic, etc. We can help to prove the point by putting your WP blog temporarily on our web server and see if these issues are still reproducible. Looks like that's the best that can be done as this point. If you wouldn't be able to reproduce the issues on our server using the same WP setup, you could then possibly ask GoDaddy to move you to another server box or change the web hosting company all together. What do you think?

Re-tested it again and it was stuck again and luckily while in the Firebug (in Firefox) network monitor. Again something weird - this 360 image request went through but the image content (marked yellow) was not fully returned by the web server, leaving us with the corrupt image information. Please see attached.

Attachments

• 6-14-2013 6-15-50 PM.png
    6-14-2013 6-15-50 PM.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 2,536

randygeske

Okay, I'm willing to test it on your web server. What do I need to do? Thanks for offering to test it.

Also, when I spoke to Godaddy they said that my less expensive account is hosted on a shared web server. Could this be causing the problem?

-Randy

WebSupport

Sounds good, Randy. You would need to do the following:

1. Copy the contents of your public_html folder from your ftp (you can zip it up right on the ftp via your hosting cpanel's file browser tool) and put everything into a zip archive.
2. Export your WP mysql database via phpMyAdmin which is also available in your cpanel.
3. Upload both to some folder on your ftp and send us the download links.

This should be sufficient, I think. Please let me know if any questions.

randygeske

Sorry, I'm not following you. I'm using Filezilla and don't see a "public_html" folder anywhere. Or a "cpanel" at Godaddy.
-Randy

WebSupport

Looks like godaddy doesn't have cPanel for some of the hosting plans:
http://support.godaddy.com/groups/domai ... ss-cpanel/

Also, if you haven't done mysql backup before, it might be worth asking godaddy support to assist and just ask them to send you an export of your WP mysql database.

If you don't see public_html in your ftp, just navigate to the root of your ftp where you see wp-content folder, etc, and archive the contents of everything in the root. Again, it might be easier to just ask godaddy support to have a zip of your website content sent to you with the sql export.

randygeske

I spoke with Godaddy today. After the representative had a discussion with someone who knows more than he does, he said that my Godaddy shared hosting plan doesn't allow a third party website to reference files on a Godaddy server. He said I could fix this by copying the javascript file that is doing the referencing to my Godaddy server and then referencing it via a directory location rather than a server location. He said that might not work if the javascript can't accept a directory location in place of a server location.

After I got off the phone, I wondered why some of the files load. You would think that none of them would load if you follow the explanation he gave.

Anyway, I don't know if doing what he says is possible. I know I'm using a free version of the plug-in. I don't know what moving the javascript file to my server means to you. Perhaps it is code that is proprietary and you don't want to release it. I don't know enough about it.

-Randy

WebSupport

Hi Randy, but we don't need any of this :)

1. The 360 viewer plugin is already fully hosted including all js files, etc on your godaddy hosting so no questions there (we don't host anything when it comes to the viewer or your 360 images).
2. What we wanted to do is take everything from your WP installation on godaddy and put it on our own hosting as well (there'd be no connection between the two) and test it for you to see if godaddy's server where you host the WP site is misbehaving (the indication we got from debugging your website). GoDaddy just needed to provide you with the export of the mysql database and a copy of the website in a zip file.

Does this make sense?