SpotEditor and OSX 10.8

andre

Hi,

i have a problem with OSX 10.8 i cant start the SpotEditor at 10.7 before i had no problems

Thanks

Andre

WebSupport

Hi Andre, thanks for bringing this issue to us. It's actually being worked on and we expect to have a fixed build sometime later this week. Please stay tuned. We will post an update under this forum topic once the fix is available.

WebSupport

Andre, the issue we have been working on turned out to be a problem with our MAC developer environment rather than the app itself.

We have done a few more tests on clean OSx 10.8 with latest updates, and SpotEditor seems to be working fine as-is (the same copy as in our free 360 viewer download).

To make it work on OSx 10.8 we have installed the latest X11 2.7.4 via
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/

And you also need to install Mono framework using this link (same as as per our readme in the free download):
http://download.mono-project.com/archiv ... in.x86.dmg

Also, it looks like you have to restart your computer after initial installation of X11 on fresh Mac OSx for it to start working with our app.

Once all this is done, SpotEditor launches fine. Please let us know if this helps.

mulgo

Hi,

Have just downloaded and installed the spoteditor OSX version. At the same time I also downloaded and installed the current X11 and Mono framework.

All seems to load correctly. However, as soon as the window of spoteditor appears, it slides down to the bottom of the screen. I can drag it back up, but as soon as I release the window it goes down again. The only thing I see is the top of the spoteditor window.

Could you please assist.

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel

WebSupport

Hi Daniel - thanks for your post! Can you please confirm your OSx version and also please let me know if you used the version of Mono that we link above, as this is the one that we have tested it with?

In our testing earlier and later versions of Mono will not work well with SpotEditor (that's why we are currently reworking SpotEditor to use native Mac UI instead of X11 which Mono doesn't support any longer), so you really need the exact mono version ie 2.10.9 12.

WebSupport

Interesting... Just tested it on clean 10.8.4 and it worked fine. We have X11 verions 2.7.4 on this box. Which version of X11 are you running?

Also do you have a dual monitor setup by any chance?

What is your screen resolution?

mulgo

I have a MacBook first generation Aluminium body, no dual monitor setup. X11 version 2.7.4.

Screen resolution 1280x800, which apparently is the best for built-in display. I have now tried other resolutions with the same result.

WebSupport

Thanks for the details. I can now see something similar if I try to reduce the size of the SpotEditor window and it's likely related to what you are seeing there on the laptop. Will post an updated version here sometime on our Thursday PST so you could possibly give it a try.

[UPDATE] - Please try the attached one that hopefully will fix it for you. Please confirm.

[5th of May, 2014] New v3.5 build for Mac (with this issue addressed) is available here under 3.5 beta:

http://www.webrotate360.com/360-product-viewer.html

Yves

Installed Quartz

Installed Monoframe

and webrotate... but the last one does not run on a brand new retina mac 10.9

WebSupport

Hmm.. we just had a couple of folks who confirmed it worked on 10.9.

Did you install XQuartz and Mono using the links in this thread? ie:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=249#p352

Also often you'd need to restart your mac for xquartz / x11 to start working correctly on 10.8 / 10.9 ..

[UPDATE] Yves confirmed via email that it worked for him after the restart.