Trouble with Chrome

scottr

I'm working on my first 360 view, testing integration with WordPress/WooCommerce (http://www.kiltergrips.com/product/new-set-test-360). (I know the photos are terrible rez, this is just a test). In my testing I've found that Chrome (v.32) seems to act irregularly - on both a PC (Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit) and Mac (OS X 10.7.5). At first the views load and work fine and are very responsive and quick, but then after not many seconds the views begin to react very slowly and sluggishly. If I click the forward/backward button it begins to take a few seconds before it rotates, same thing if I use the mouse. It's very strange, have not encountered the problem on my PC with Firefox (v.26) or IE (v.11), nor on my Mac with FireFox (v.26) or Safari (v.6) - they all stay fast and responsive. Wondering if you have any idea what's wrong? We're considering purchasing the Pro version, but definitely need to ensure good cross-browser compatibility. Thanks in advance for your input!

WebSupport

Hi Scott, thanks for your email.

I'm pretty sure the issue is exactly the same as described in this post below. I checked your HTTP headers that come with your 360 product images (or any other images on kiltergrips.com) and they don't ask a browser to explicitly cache any images for any period of time, so Chrome being Chrome releases them after it decides that you don't interact with the images any longer or just after some internal / short time-out and then as you try to drag the images again, it will try to re-download them as you move your mouse..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=273&p=471

Your web server is also Apache so the solution in this post above should fix it, and you would want to cache images regardless so that your visitors have faster loading speeds as they jump from one page to another and back.

I hope this helps!

scottr

Thanks so much for the quick reply folks! Sounds like you know what you're saying, will need to get a dev to make those changes but I'm betting it will fix things up for us. Really appreciate the direction, and sorry for posting a duplicate issue, I did search "chrome" before posting. Cheers!