Uploading images

kamilb

Hi, I have read user guide and searched the forum and i am still not sure how many photos should I upload to get high quality full rotation. For example if I add 400 or 200 images would it work properly?
Kamil

WebSupport

Hi Kamil, we do list recommended requirements for 360 degree product images on pages 32-33 of our user guide under Suggested Image Requirements.

http://www.webrotate360.com/Downloads/R ... Readme.pdf

Going beyond 72 images per 360 product spin is usually an overkill from our experience both in terms of image production and viewer loading speeds.

PS: cable speeds have improved noticeably in the US in the last couple of years, so 36 or 40 images per spin would be optimal right now if your primary audience is in the US. Though the global average is still the same (or lower) as the example number we used in the user guide (7.2 Mbps for the US in 2014): link

Please let us know if any questions!

kamilb

Thanks, I have no idea how I missed apendix. As I get it, program always asummes that uploaded set of images (regardless of the number of images) is a full ratation, correct?

WebSupport

That's correct, although you may also configure it to "bounce" which will force the viewer to stop (during the spin) at the last frame in the imported image sequence.

This can be helpful when you don't have or don't need a full 360 degree rotation (e.g it can be a 180-degree spin just to show the front and sides of a product).