WebRotate only shows loading

Natalia

Hi,
please help me on the following issue:

I installed WebRotate on http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=11377 for my Test-Opencart 2.0.2.0. on XAMMP.
I did it by copying files from WebRotate to Opencart with the same file structure they have in WebRotate Package.

Then I installed vQmod at http://code.google.com/p/vQmod/downloads/list and placed the two .xml files in WebRotate root Package to vQmod/xml order.

I then enabled the Extension on my Admin Panel and in my Test Product and set the Test URL relatively for it:
/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml. The Test Product shows Loading-Sign but no picture appears (even no standard picture).

Even when I set in Browser the URL
http://localhost/opencart/360assets/sam ... config.xml,

I get no WebRotate Shoe Demo, but, instead, following message:
"Mit dieser XML-Datei sind anscheinend keine Style-Informationen verknüpft. Nachfolgend wird die Baum-Ansicht des Dokuments angezeigt" - means: "No styles seem to be connected with this file, hier ist the tree of the document".
The Document is then shown as Text in Browser.
Can You please tell me where I am wrong? I tried in Firefox and Chrome..
Thank you in advance,
Natalia

WebSupport

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the details. When you open the viewer config XML in your browser directly, the message is expected. The xml file itself is just a text file more or less.

I think you may need to update your Config URL in the webrotate module settings in your admin next to the test product in the table. With XAMPP and the local setup like yours, you would need to append XAMPP's httpdocs project folder like this:

Code:
/opencart/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml

Please try this path for your test product and let us know if this helps!

Natalia

Hi, everything is working fine now!
Thank you for this beautiful aesthetic software! I tried it with my own 36 pictures now and it looks great, it also gets responsive with Pop-Up, really amazing.

I have one more question: I design clothes and want to present them online in “3d” with Opencart using your software. The “HotSpots” Option seems too “technical” for my dresses, though. Is it possible to deactivate the Spots completely without using the Editor? Maybe I could comment them in code somewhere?

Thanks again,
Natalia

WebSupport

Thanks for the kind words! :)

If you don't want to use the desktop software and prefer to use the sample xml that came with the module as a template, you can remove hotspots like this:

1) Remove everything inside this opening and closing <hotspots> tag.

<hotspots>
remove everything here
</hotspots>

2) Remove <hotspot> tags from each image under <images>. I.e., remove a line like this from each <image> under <images>:

<hotspot source="spot1" offsetX="97" offsetY="150" />

I hope this helps. Just let us know if anything.

Natalia

Hallo, it really helped, thanks a lot!

By the way, I could not even find the Download Link for the Desktop Software (Editor) on your page, I could only see the Download for the Viewer. In this Download-Package the Editor is not included, is it?
I may need the Editor later, when the issues become relevant for my work.
Can you please tell me where I can download the free version of the Editor?

Also, can you please tell me where the Width and the Length of the ZOOM-Picture are defined in the code? I think I have to adjust them to my Default Format, which is like 600X800 and this is the only Format that I will be using.
The Settings in Opencart Admin (Viewer width and height) only apply to the main view, I already tried that...

Thank you again, Natalia

WebSupport

Hi Natalia,

The main download button here includes SpotEditor. In fact it's mostly just the SpotEditor app.. The overall suite / product name is WebRotate 360 Product Viewer :D which is a combination of SpotEditor and the output it publishes plus plugins for various CMS (e.g OpenCart, WordPress, etc).

Zoom dimensions are set on the main <images> element in xml like this:

Code:
<images highresWidth="1200" highresHeight="851">

I hope it helps!

Natalia

Dear Web-Rotate Team,

I am starting a shop for my fashion designs.
WebRotate worked wonderfully with my Opencart shop with the Test shoe as well as with many other products
on XAMMP. After a few months testing on XAMMP, I now purchased a domain and then a hosting for my future shop and am going to transfer it online. However, still on XAMMP, I found that WebRotate is suddenly not working any more.

The Product Page is only offering standard View and a PopUp window - as with products where WebRotate is not activated.
However, I found out, it is still reacting on WebRotate somehow. For example, if I set WebRotate to "Viewer in PopUp", it is opening the PopUp View as FullScreen, but still not displaying any WebRotate content.
I am very puzzled and have no idea why it would stop working for no reason at all after working wonderfully for a long time! :?
I did not change anything in the Project structure, I just made some changes in the css-file, but I also did it before installing WebRotate.
Is it a known problem? Can you please suggest what I should check in this situation?
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Natalia

WebSupport

Hi Natalia, we would need access to your product page online to be able to see exactly what happened.. Right now it's not very clear.

Can you possibly move your local setup online and share a link to your product page? Or may be you could record a short video of the issue?

We're looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Natalia

Hallo Web Rotate Team,

thank you for your reply, I also thought the best way woud be to move the shop online as it is, at first.
This will also show if it is a local problem with xammp on my pc.

I need a couple of days, however, to look into the files and database transferring procedure online. :roll:

I will then send you a link to the product page so you can see what happens there!

Thanks a lot,
Natalia

Natalia

Hallo dear Web Rotate Team,

so, my opencart-based shop is today online at [link-removed].

Products with WebRotate are still not displaying any of the WebRotate content. However, as I already wrote,they react differently to mouse drag-moves compared to products without WebRotate, which is puzzling.

Here are links to the products with WebRotate:
Dress:
[link-removed]/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=72
Test shoe from your example:
[link-removed]/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=70

Maybe you could have a look and give me an indication what it could be? Again, it was working wonderfully on xammp for a long time, then it suddenly ceased to work seemingly for no reason at all.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Natalia

WebSupport

Hi Natalia,

It looks like our product vQmod (vqmod_webrotate360_def_product.xml) located in your vQmod/xml directory is not active.

You can try to edit the xml file by updating the file location on line 6 to point to your theme's product.tpl (as it's currently pointing to the default one):

Code:
<file name="catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl">

Or you may simply enter the following into the page placeholder field in the webrotate module settings in admin:

Code:
.thumbnails ul > li:first-child .thumbnail

If this doesn't help, please send us temp FTP and admin login and we will configure it for you.

Natalia

Dear WebRotate Team,

of course, that was it!

I switched to another theme somewhere during my designing and as I am not a developer, I sort of assumed that was not relevant for the module.

So I changed the file as you indicated entering the new theme instead of default and it is working wonderfully!

I also had to change the URL by products in modules in admin because of a different file structure at my hosting as follows:
to:
/360assets/sampleshoe/config.xml

And now I am enjoying the 360 view of the products!

Thank you very much again for your help!!!!
Lg Natalia

Natalia

Dear WebRotate Team,

again, thank you so much for your wonderful product and for your support!

Now that everything is working fine, I have another question: the Full-Screen option is not working. Actually, it was not working before, but I did not bring up this item as I was too concentrated on other things.
Can you please give me an advice why?

I mean, it is already perfect as it is now, but of course with full-screen it would be absolutely stunning.

Here is the link to my product page:
http://elsakool.com/index.php?route=pro ... duct_id=72

Thanks a lot in advance,
Natalia Kulikova

WebSupport

Thanks for the kind words, Natalia! Unfortunately the full-screen feature is only available in the PRO version of our product (more details).

You can hide the full-screen button by unchecking this option in SpotEditor under the Interface tab before publishing your 360 product view or you can hide it directly in the viewer xml file that you have already uploaded (just let us know if you need help with this).

Natalia

Dear WebRotate Team,
thank you for your explanation, very helpful, as always.
I managed to deactivate the full-screen button in the product .xml, that was easy!
As I said, the presentation is great without full-screen, also!

Just one more thought: is it possible to have larger photos and maybe a larger product window for your standard 3d-display on PC?

Here is again my product:
http://elsakool.com/index.php?route=pro ... duct_id=72

I am not using SpotEditor, I can change the pictures to make them as big as necessary, if needed. Thanks for your advice on this item!
Natalia

WebSupport

Hi Natalia,

If you don't use SpotEditor to create 360 product images, you can simply copy the larger ones to /360assets/casualkleider/J04-Y5-0008/images in your example link, assuming the filenames and the order of the updated images is the same as in xml.

The product window is controlled by your OpenCart theme and the viewer dimension settings under WebRotate module in your OpenCart admin (viewer width and height).

I hope it helps!