404 Error after installation extension

ukrweb

Magento ver. 1.7.0.2 + WebRotate360_Catalog 2.11 (also tried v. 2.5.3 & 2.10).

After installing extension, selected System->Configuration->Catalog tab->WebRotate 360 Viewer, I get:
404 Error
Page not found.

bc0391731e718d7258aac951a31ac5bd.jpg

Did this on several sites. Result is the same.
What I don't so? Help, pls.

WebSupport

Hi there! .. sorry to hear about this. This has been a known issue with Magento for years, specifically that it would show 404 immediately after a module installation. This almost always is resolved by clearing Magento cache and login off and back and / or restarting webserver.

One other thing that we've heard helped with other Magento modules in a similar situation was re-saving admin or any other user permissions in Magento Admin.

Can you possibly try these steps and let us know?

WebSupport

Also please note that you have to use the 2.5.3 module under Releases tab in Magento Connect. The older versions are outdated and were never tested on 1.6, 1.7.

ukrweb

Сache was disabled, Compilation was disabled.
Helped login off and back to admin panel.
Thank you! :)

Dago1956

Hi, this solution worked for me too. The module 2.5.3 is now installed (I have the configuration page), I created the attribute following instructions, however neither the lightbox gallery nor the 360 images are working. All that I get is a new line in "Additional information" with the path of the config.xml: http://lughi.com/magento/apparel/shoes/ ... tante.html. What I'm doing wrong?

WebSupport

Hi Drago, can you please double check that the new attribute you created is named exactly like this: webrotate_path ?

So far it seems as if our extension doesn't think that the product in this link is configured for 360, which is based on the attribute presence and value. Let us know how it goes. We can always trouble shoot directly if you can send us your ftp / admin details for the test install to support at webrotate360 dot com.